You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Everyone,

New here so hope I am doing this all in the right place and what not! I am using Affinity Photo on the Mac (waiting patiently for my beloved Windows to be able to have it!) Version 1.4.2 I have noticed that whenever I open an image it automatically changes its original size and the PPI changes to 96, the images should all be at least 300ppi. I have tried multiple images with multiple formats and it is the same every time? Am I missing something as obviously I want to work on the original 300ppi not a 96ppi version?

Thanks in advance!

Billie

Been trying to fix this myself all day, still no luck. The images are opening up at 96 dpi (should say ppi) when I increase the size to 300 manually (although I shouldn't have to) to test the images....they all come out stretched and blurry. Why does affinity photo open images at 96 dpi/ppi this has now made me stop using the app because of this...such a shame and obviously now very wary to pay out for the windows version when it comes if this cannot be fixed. Hopefully someone on here can help me as I have had no support on this matter! :)

• Staff

Hi LadyBillieBoo,

Welcome to the Forum :)

Are your images RAW files? If so the below post may explain your issue and why it is caused. To get around this issue you can try changing the documents DPI to 300 without the Resample button ticked :)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/10109-default-resolution-in-ap/

I hope this helps

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hiya,

Thanks, yes my images are RAW but as I said above, when I change to 300 without resampling my images are blurry and stretched! I can't understand why this would happen, surely the image should open at its correct size as it does in Photoshop. I understand from the link thank you that affinity photo does not support this and is a major disappointment to me as I love affinity. I do so hope it can be an issue that is fixed in time for now it's back to photoshop. :(