You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"About" label won't clear

If I use the pull down menu and select "About" the label shows up and tells me what version I'm using. That part works fine. However, then when I open an image the "About" label stays put overtop of my image. The only way I seem able to clear this is by quitting Photo and relaunching. Am I missing something?

I've attached a screen grab to show what it looks like.

post-34080-0-31372100-1470534269_thumb.png

Have you tried just clicking on the label?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Have you tried just clicking on the label?

Is that a rhetorical question, and is this another one? :P

In AD on Windows, I can dismiss the splash screen by clicking anywhere on the screen, or by pressing the Escape key.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On Macs, it varies. For the Affinity Photo & similarly non-rectangular splash screens, clicking anywhere on the rectangular outline enclosing it will dismiss it, including for AP the upper notched out part. Escape won't dismiss it because that key is already reserved for the deselect function in that app.

But the splash screen for some apps includes copyable text, so for them clicking on the splash screen itself won't dismiss it because that would make clicking & dragging the text harder. Typically, for them clicking somewhere else on the screen or using the escape key will dismiss them (but not always), & they may also have a Window header with the Close button on it that allows it to be repositioned as well as closed.

Some splash screens include copyright or other info that auto-scrolls because it won't all fit within the splash screen window, & I have even seen clickable links in a few of them.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks R C-R - clicking on the splash screen does the trick. Alfred, I did try clicking elsewhere on the screen and using the Escape key - neither worked. Thank you both for stepping up to help out  - it's much appreciated.