You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New plugin functionality

Given the functionality in AP I find I rarely use plugins anymore however I decided to see which of my plugins worked with the new version of AP. All of the Nik plugins seem to work and more of my Topaz plugins. However Clarity and ReMask are still failing. Adjust, which was hit or miss with the previous version of AP seems to solidly work with this new version.

Thank you developers.

• 4 weeks later...

Mike,

What color space are your originals in? I am finding on all Nik and Topaz plugins that work, serious difference between the way the document looks in AP and the way it looks in the plugin preview. Most of the time, it is desaturation in the preview view. This is worst if the image is in Profoto RGB, less so if in Adobe RGB, and a match if in sRGB. It's as if the plugin is not color managed. This happens with other third party editors, but works as intended (of course) in Photoshop.

An exception is Nik Viveza: there there are distorted colors in the main preview not fixable by changing working spaces. But the small navigator window has correct color at least.

This problem makes any plugin designed to alter color or tonality useless since the previews are whacked, unless one only uses sRGB. I use Profoto. Since this happens with many different plugins from different publishers and with other non-Adobe editors, it seems that the problem lies with how these editors hand off data to the plugin. It would be great if AP became the first to conquer this issue.

If you are getting a match between AP and Nik or Topaz with wide-gamut documents, please advise.

Lloyd

Mike,

What color space are your originals in? I am finding on all Nik and Topaz plugins that work, serious difference between the way the document looks in AP and the way it looks in the plugin preview. Most of the time, it is desaturation in the preview view. This is worst if the image is in Profoto RGB, less so if in Adobe RGB, and a match if in sRGB. It's as if the plugin is not color managed. This happens with other third party editors, but works as intended (of course) in Photoshop.

An exception is Nik Viveza: there there are distorted colors in the main preview not fixable by changing working spaces. But the small navigator window has correct color at least.

This problem makes any plugin designed to alter color or tonality useless since the previews are whacked, unless one only uses sRGB. I use Profoto. Since this happens with many different plugins from different publishers and with other non-Adobe editors, it seems that the problem lies with how these editors hand off data to the plugin. It would be great if AP became the first to conquer this issue.

If you are getting a match between AP and Nik or Topaz with wide-gamut documents, please advise.

Lloyd

I suppose that makes sense as I use sRGB.

I have, from time to time, also noticed some color differences between the plugin versions and APB as well as some brightness differences between the computer display and a printed version. My comment was meant to mean that the major problems I had seen before with the Nik plugins (for example, the image not even showing up in the Nik display) were gone and it was clear that the plugins were affecting the image, not that they were working perfectly.

I also have to admit that I have not played with color space settings much so I did not see the problems you mention.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.