You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tool Icons | they need to look cleaner and more professional

There are a number of us who need all the color and contrast and definition in the tools icons that we can get in order to be able to use the programs with anything approaching efficiency.  (Hunching forward and squinting slows you down!)  I'm all for the monochrome tools for those who prefer them but please leave the colorful, easily identifiable icons alone.  Some of us not only prefer but need them.

• 2 months later...

There are a number of us who need all the color and contrast and definition in the tools icons that we can get in order to be able to use the programs with anything approaching efficiency.  (Hunching forward and squinting slows you down!)  I'm all for the monochrome tools for those who prefer them but please leave the colorful, easily identifiable icons alone.  Some of us not only prefer but need them.

I agree. It's difficult for me to see the tools and tool text in the UI.

I don't think so,icons are more of a personal preference. The gradient tool though, could use a bit of work, but other than that, changing icons is a non issue. Every tool has its particularities, and every tool will have a different UI. I think the Affinity team did a good job of having the UI similar to PS to make transition easier, which is awesome in my book. Copying the UI all-together just because people find it difficult to readjust is something else entirely.

UI and UX designer extraordinaire, dad, avid Destiny player, and generally striving for decency.