You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export size field annoyance

I use a lot of screenshots, and once I have cropped and annotated them I export them at a standard pixel size (this means when I use them in PagePlus I don't get Low resolution warnings throughout my document).

• Click on Export in the file menu. Check the lock symbol is set between width and height.
  • Normally, the Width size box is highlighted, but if you click on it anyway, overtype a new value then press tab or enter, instead of  the adjusted value being entered in the height box, the old width value returns.
  • When you try to repro this, it doesn't happen - only seems to happen the first time you open export for a new picture.

Not clicking on the width box, if it's already highlighted seems to be a workround. However if you swap file type I've also had it happen to me with an unhighlighted box.

Annoying because I can't find a completely reliable way to repro this

It sounds as though you're seeing a variant of the Document Setup bug discussed here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.