You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In the Mac Affinity apps you can use CMD + spacebar to zoom in & out with the mouse pointer but you have to press the spacebar first for this to work.

If you have a mouse with a scroll wheel you can set it to zoom the display in Preferences > Tools. This is really useful because with this enabled you can zoom at the same time you do other things with the mouse pointer.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On my Mac El cap MacBook Pro Retina, Mid 2012 15 in.  OS X 10.11.6, One button mouse I can zoom with the mouse if I hit alt/option and scroll.

I no longer use the Magic mouse, too unreliable too many batteries. They no longer sell Magic mouse charger etc. I switched to a Kensington wired mouse. and now use the pref: >Tools> use scroll wheel for zoom( don't know what scrubby zoom even means but left it checked.). Works great.

Edited by uncle808us
update

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

• 1 month later...

AND (if that's the case)... it only seems to happen if you press Option (or Control) before the Spacebar  :) .

(of course CMD before Space will call up Spotlight)

As I understand it, supposedly they had to design it this way to avoid an OS X system level response from the opposite sequence or simultaneous press of both keys.

Like Fixx says, you can disable the system level Spotlight keyboard shortcut but I guess they decided some users would find this undesirable since it is global & would affect every app. If there were menu commands in Affinity for zooming in & out, I think it might be possible to use the App Shortcuts section of System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts to override the global Spotlight shortcut only for Affinity, but there isn't so that is moot.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
40 minutes ago, klutzak said:

Still getting a system 'bonk' noise when I hit spacebar - command on my Mac. Any further info on this bug..?

Are you holding down the spacebar first & then while continuing to hold that key down press & hold the Command key as well?

Affinity Photo 

• 1 year later...