Sign in to follow this  
Harster13

Drawn object background is not transparent

Maybe I just missed something, but maybe this is a bug.  I drew some objects using the Pen Tool in Polygon mode, then I grouped them and copied and pasted  the result into a DrawPlus document because Affinity Designer was not showing all of my installed fonts (That topic is posted under a different thread).  The pasted group did not have a transparent background, even though there is no reason I can see for this to have occurred.  The pasted object had a rectangular white background the same size and shape as the lines indicating the grouping.  On the other hand, when I exported the group as a PNG directly form Affinity, the background WAS transparent.

Thanks for helping.

This isn't a bug in Affinity Designer, but a limitation of DrawPlus. If I copy a group of objects drawn with the Pen Tool as you describe, the 'Paste Special' option in AD offers four different formats which have been placed on the Windows clipboard:

Portable Document Format

PNG

Device Independent Bitmap

Serif Persona Nodes

The 'Paste Special' option in DP only offers the DIB format, which doesn't seem to support transparency.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)