Sign in to follow this  
Harster13

Not all installed fonts are recognized

I have the latest version of Designer and I found that not all of my installed fonts are recognized.  I closed the program and re-opened it just to make sure.  Nope, some fonts are missing.

Sorry, I don't have a clue what type 1 fonts are, but I do know that DrawPlus recognizes ALL my installed fonts and Affinity does not.  To me, this is an issue.  BTW, I have the latest version of the beta, ver. 1.5.0.10 on Win 10 Pro, 64 bit.

Thanks

In the Font Face dropdown list in DrawPlus, do they show 'A', 'O' or 'TT' next to the name? If they show 'TT' or 'O' then they are TrueType or OpenType fonts (respectively) but if they show a red 'A' then they are PostScript Type 1 fonts and Affinity Designer cannot use them.

Hi Alfred, all .TTF fonts are 'true type fonts' ?  These are the only sort of Japanese and Indic fonts installed on my iMac.  They look perfect in e.g. Word, but AD does NOT show them correctly.  Quite small errors, but serious enough to make the text un-usable.  Therefore, this is NOT a ttf issue.  It's something in AD.  I work with non-Roman fonts a lot, so fixes in this area would be VERY helpful.  Thank you.

This thread is about fonts which are not recognized at all (i.e. not included in the list of available fonts in Affinity Designer). I don't know anything about Japanese or Indic fonts, but their failure to display correctly is a completely different issue which should be discussed in a separate thread.

Not able to activate OpenType Font Frutiger LT Pro. If a text with this font is copied from InDesign the font is available but not applicable on new text. I tried to reactivate the font family in FontExplorerX Pro but to no avail - after a restart of Affinity Designer the font family was still not available. Affinity Designer 1.4.2 on OS X 10.9.5