You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD: Magazine Spread over 2 Artboards

Hi..

That's not possible, as far as i'm aware, anything that extends beyond the artboard is clipped.I take it they are side by side? why not just use one? If this is for the front and back cover why not just use one artboard and use the guides to split the front back and spine?

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Why can't you use a larger artboard as suggested? Why must you export more than one artboard at a time?

Without knowing any of the whys it is hard to suggest anything that would help you with your project.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Not sure I understand still??

If you have 60 Artboards representing 60 pages of a magazine you just go to the export persona choose your settings and export all 60 at once.

And yes you are able to adjust the slice on export. So if you had one Artboard that was 420 x 297 mm you can adjust the slice to 210 x 297, but that will be done manually in the export persona, if you have to do that just for one page then great but 60 times per magazine again would be time consuming...Also export persona is measuring slices in PX not MM even though my doc is set up that way, not sure if that's how it works or just me...

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

Time - I run 6 small Magazines. So time to export 60 pages per magazine would kill me....

Er, if time is of the essence, why are you using anything but a layout application? I mean, even when Affinity Publisher is first released, it may not be the best application for a single magazine let alone 6 magazines. But it isn't released yet...

Perhaps silly and too much work, but if you really really need it: Can’t you duplicate the image (and crop it)?

You don’t need professional typography in this project? How can you “survive” without optical margin alignment, baseline …?