You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cmd-drag duplicating rather than resizing (bug)

This still feels like a bug to me, or at least a kind of clunky UI decision - when hovering over a corner, with Cmd depressed, the cursor shows a resize cursor, but clicking and dragging on the corner handle instead duplicates the object.

At the very least, in this situation the cursor should give feedback as to the expected outcome - there should not be a resize cursor present, if clicking and dragging does not result in the indicated action.

Cheers

Oliver.

• Staff

You're right - this probably needs to be looked at.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

I have had more duplicate objects since this was changed than I have had in the 2 years before.  I'd rather not have the measurement tool than to have to press cmd after the beginning of the move.  Oh I sound all negative!  That's not the case, I'm still loving AD.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

My two cents here: I was used to press Cmd as a modifier key (to keep proportions when resizing), but now when I press Cmd having Move tool active, the handles of the object dissapear.

This is kinda awkward, as I have to un-learn my micro-procedure "press Cmd, then drag" and learn it backwards :wacko:

Does the new behavior have some added value, that I'm overlooking?

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.