Sign in to follow this  
evtonic3

Frame text with FX applied

It seems that if I have a frame text with effects applied if I resize the frame to make edits, the effects scale with it. I am not sure if this can be prevented. I only have a drop shadow applied but if I resize the frame after shadow is applied, the shadow shifts away from text.

Thanks Miguel, but why would one need to tick this off if the frame should not have anything to do with effects scaling? I understand that when one creates a style one should be aware of this checkbox but the frame is just a container to hold text and should have no bearing on what's inside. If it does matter, I'd like to know a case where you do need the frame to engage in this setting.

This behaviour seems to make sense for an Artistic Text frame, because the size of the text is directly related to the scale of its box frame.

It doesn't make sense when using the Frame Text Tool because the text only reflows when we use the regular frame box handles - it never changes scale and so the FX effect should remain intact. This behaviour should only be applicable to the text when we resize a Frame Text Tool frame using the lowest right control handle (the one which scales the whole frame rather than reflowing the text), leaving the FX effects alone when we use the regular frame box handles to reflow just the text.

Well spotted. Issue logged.

Thanks evtonic3.