You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pressure Profiles Do Not Save

I created several pressure profiles and clicked the box to save them.  All went well until the next time I opened the program and they were all gone.

Is this the way it's supposed to be?  I would think if you saved the profiles, it would be similar to saving an Asset. It would be there the next time you open the program.  So, is this a bug or is it designed this way or.. am I doing something wrong?

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

If you copy a stroke from one document, you can 'Paste Style' onto a stroke in another document. A bit clunky, perhaps, but better than nothing! :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Great idea, Alfred!  One could make a whole document full of different styles and save it.  To use, open that page, start your new document, then you could go back and forth with copy from one and Paste Style into the other.  Definitely clunky, but as you said, better than nothing!  It works like a charm.   Thanks for the work-around!! :)

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

You're welcome, MaryLou! Just as an FYI, this is MattP's preferred method of sharing brush strokes in DrawPlus: instead of messing around with the relevant %AppData% files, you simply put a bunch of brush strokes in a document, save it and then copy 'n' paste to other documents.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

The idea is growing on my, Alfred.  I'm going to post this idea to my group and I'm sure it will be well accepted. We like to share our AppData files for things like this but we can simply share pressure profiles instead. It's not something one uses every time you open the program so this method will work for us. The good thing is.. it does work! :)

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

I had the same problem with opening a new image, the pressure preset was still there. I just clicked the reset button to clear it.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.