You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PSD different from opening with Photoshop

Hey,

I don't understand, this is very curious. There is this PSD file created with photoshop and when using the preview thing of mac, (pressing spacebar) I see it fine; everything is perfect, and when opening it with affinity designer, I see it different; The mockup hand is a different (see attached).

Here is the PSD file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak7ptd1mzv5fdts/BBVA_Cines_mailing.psd?dl=0

And when opening with photoshop, the file is perfect.

What is going on???

If somebody can let me know.

cheers

post-27873-0-81823100-1470334116_thumb.png

post-27873-0-29124200-1470334123_thumb.png

Well, I don't know why it's happening, but I know what is happening.... and how to fix it.
(I think the devs need to look at this....)

First.... The fonts. Obviously they're embedded in the psd because Preview is showing them (unless it's a really good substitution). Why AD isn't....don't know. (edit: forget about this part.... see below. Thanks Alfred)

The phone screen:
Something weird is going on with the clipping curve layer called "Shape 2 copy".
I suspect something is getting lost in translation because it isn't a closed curve. BUT, I don't have a problem using an open curve as a clip natively, so that's only speculation.

Anyway..... That layer is kinda bizarre. It's there, but not there. When selected (even when placed all by itself in a new doc) it can't be given a stroke or fill.

BUT... to fix it... draw a shape (anything, anywhere) with no stroke and no fill. Copy it. Delete it. Select "Shape 2 copy" and paste style.

Before and after. All the shadow work comes back too. (notice it's still an open curve....)

post-12544-0-10414900-1470362068_thumb.png post-12544-0-23632100-1470362064_thumb.png

First.... The fonts. Obviously they're embedded in the psd because Preview is showing them (unless it's a really good substitution). Why AD isn't....don't know.

I think they're just incorporated into the preview image. Photoshop Elements reports them as missing.

The phone screen:

Something weird is going on with the clipping curve layer called "Shape 2 copy".

I suspect something is getting lost in translation because it isn't a closed curve. BUT, I don't have a problem using an open curve as a clip natively, so that's only speculation.

Anyway..... That layer is kinda bizarre. It's there, but not there. When selected (even when placed all by itself in a new doc) it can't be given a stroke or fill.

BUT... to fix it... draw a shape (anything, anywhere) with no stroke and no fill. Copy it. Delete it. Select "Shape 2 copy" and paste style.

Before and after. All the shadow work comes back too. (notice it's still an open curve....)

I can see from your screenshots that you managed to fix it, but when I followed your instructions I didn't get the expected result. I thought perhaps I had missed a step, but there aren't exactly a lot of steps!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I think they're just incorporated into the preview image. Photoshop Elements reports them as missing.

I can see from your screenshots that you managed to fix it, but when I followed your instructions I didn't get the expected result. I thought perhaps I had missed a step, but there aren't exactly a lot of steps!

Ah, for some reason I got it in my head that I was opening a pdf in Preview. Yeah, okay, forget about the fonts.

=====

Hmmm, I've done the solution in MAS and Beta 7.

To restate: draw a box NO stroke NO fill. Copy it. Delete it. Select "Shape 2 Copy" (it's pretty deep in the architecture) and hit Paste Style (cmd shift V).

What happens when you do it??

Hmmm, I've done the solution in MAS and Beta 7.

To restate: draw a box NO stroke NO fill. Copy it. Delete it. Select "Shape 2 Copy" (it's pretty deep in the architecture) and hit Paste Style (cmd shift V).

What happens when you do it??

On my Windows AD beta (which is all I have) I drilled down to

Bloque WALLET > Mockup > *BONUS* ANDROID PHONE > effects and shadows > Shape 2 copy

where I found 'Capa 308', which is the image with the BBVA Visa cards.

'Shape 2 copy' has a pale blue fill but no stroke, but whether I use the 'Paste Style' method or simply set the fill directly to "No Fill", the desired image doesn't display. The only way I can get it to show up in the workspace is to drag it up on the Layers panel until it's above 'Shape 2 copy'.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hey Guys! Thanks for your answers!!! I wasn't notified by email and so I didn't really saw that you answered until now!! haha. 

Thanks Jimmy Jack for finding a solution! It's funny that in Preview mode (spacebar on mac) it works fine, and in AD you have to do something...
I get it that there is a problem with a layer or curve.... I managed to fix it also.

I think we should have the developers have a look at that! I think it's important!! I'm gonna mail them now.

Cheers