You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Document Setup Dialog broken with locked aspect ratio

If you have an existing document and you want to change its dimensions in the Document Setup it is not working correctly with the aspect ratio locked.

Lock the dimensions, then change one of the horizontal or vertical sizes.

For example: I have a 30in by 20in document. I lock the aspect ratio. Change the 20in value to 25in. Hit Enter. The 30in value changes to 16.67in and the Portrait check box gets checked.

AD 1.5.1.43   /  AP 1.5.0.45

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

As a side note, changing the larger dimension works correctly. It's only when you reduce the smaller dimension that the other dimension is reduced accordingly; if you increase the smaller dimension, the other dimension is unchanged. The orientation is swapped in both of the latter cases.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Confirmed Alfred, nice catch!

Thanks Sean!

AD 1.5.1.43   /  AP 1.5.0.45

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.