You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Draw a triangle, convert to curves, select the corner tool, select all corners and round like you’ve never rounded before.

Alternatively, if you drew your shape, you can select the corner tool and click and drag on a corner right away, even though it doesn’t show the “nodes” initially. It’ll convert the shape to curves automatically then (and then also show the corner nodes).

• Staff

At some point in the future I'll be adding 'live' corners to shapes so that you can corner without having to convert to curves.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB

• 3 years later...

Has there been any updates to the live corners? I am trying to round corners in a triangle shape, and it works using the corner tool and selecting a radius. But when I take that shape to different sizes it does not keep the same radius relative to the size of the triangle.

Is there a way around this?

43 minutes ago, CaptainCowpie said:

But when I take that shape to different sizes it does not keep the same radius relative to the size of the triangle.

Have you tried the "Bake Corners" button?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Have you tried the "Bake Corners" button?

I looked briefly at that, and saw what the help had said. I just played around with it a little and it looks like this might solve my problem. I was originally  hitting the button on the object, but it looks like you have to select a corner first and then use it? But this should solve the problem.

Thank you for the help

You're welcome. And yes, I think you need to adjust the corners first, and then use the button.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1