You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.9 (Windows)

I'm trying to print a file on the A4 in size 9cm x 5cm, more, the size is still going wrong, even in the new version, the impression left with 15cmx20cm

Totos are the files I create in Affinity Information, follows an attachment
(Obs) This problem is since the first beta, in all versions gives error.

Um brasileiro na casa aqui hahaha :D

Late yesterday I installed the latest Windows 10, Version 1607 (OS Build14393.10) MS's Anniversary Version, so that took most of the day into the evening to complete. This morning I installed Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.9 (Windows) today without issues & it seems to be solid as usual. I'm afraid I'm not as advanced user as most here to try various hotkeys & printing for example, but I will make a better effort to do so for the sake of troubleshooting.

Affinity Designer 2.0.0 Windows  · Affinity Photo 2.0.0 Windows  ·  Windows 11 Pro 64-bit   ·  AMD Ryzen 9-3900X 12-Core 3.80Ghz  ·  16Gb RAM   ·  Asus DUAL-RTX2070-O8G-EVO-V2 

I'm realizing that this version this one slower puco, taking a few seconds longer to respond, even more when persona to persona dumb pixel.

May so far this actually really did not think more bug, except this printing on the wrong size in the printer t50 when colocona resolution photo, and glossy paper

Not really a bug, but I wonder if you could move the startup splash screen earlier in the launch process? When starting AD in the last several versions, it feels like nothing happens for too long before the splash screen appears, giving the impression that the app didn't launch.

AD 1.5.1.43   /  AP 1.5.0.45

Windows 10 Pro 64bit  -  Intel i7 6700 @ 3.4GHz  -  nVidia GTX 970 4GB  -  32" Monitor 2560x1440  -  32 GB Ram

Not really a bug, but I wonder if you could move the startup splash screen earlier in the launch process? When starting AD in the last several versions, it feels like nothing happens for too long before the splash screen appears, giving the impression that the app didn't launch.

I've just taken a look at this, and yes, the splash screen is shown a little late. I'll see what we can do about that!

Hi,

The tool mouse pointer sometimes does not change when changing tools. Switched from pencil to mouse tool , pointer stayed a pencil but functioned as move tool. Later the move tool arrow stayed while drawing with the pencil tool and the vector brush tool.

Hi,

try to heavily improve the symbol editing, like this way:

1) When i open some project i have symbols in, i am not able to see them in symbol panel very often. I have to click on "create" and they suddenly appears. It's annoying. They dispappear during the work sometimes without any reason.

2) Add the "edit" option when right-click on symbol in symbol panel

3) Improve the isolation mode (when editing) of symbols. Now you dubble-click on symbol and you can edit. But when you click outside of the symbol, the isolation mode ends. It would be nice if affdesigner show me visualy i am in isolation mode (name of layer + cross or breadcrumbs like in Ai) which i could switch off manually. In your isolation mode you cannot use mouse selection of multiple objects, you have to click on each layer with shift and it's really annoying.

Oh, 1.5.0.9 is very unstable when moving artboards zoomed out (18% at last). I have about 15 artboards in one project and i experienced 3 crashes in 30 minutes.

EDIT: Crashes when zooming as well...1.5.0.8 was much more stable.

Oh, 1.5.0.9 is very unstable when moving artboards zoomed out (18% at last). I have about 15 artboards in one project and i experienced 3 crashes in 30 minutes.

EDIT: Crashes when zooming as well...1.5.0.8 was much more stable.

Hi Tomas, can you upload your document so that we can take a look? I'm not aware of anything that has changed in 1.5.0.9 with regards to artboards, so it might be something in your document causing it to crash.