You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Public Beta - 1.5.0.9 (Windows)

Purpose: Stability

Requirements: None

Download: Here

As this is a beta release, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.5 cannot be opened in 1.4, which means files created with the Windows beta cannot be opened in the Mac AppStore version of Designer, instead you will need the latest macOS beta.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed crash when closing the application with an empty artistic text object
  • Fixed auto-panning
  • Fixed ALT not disabling menu mode when interacting with tools
  • Fixed crash when opening a file while the CTRL+Reset dialog is open
  • Added right mouse button as fourth modifier, which enables support for brush tool size and hardness shortcut amongst others (ALT+RightMouse)
  • Fixed crash when using some shortcuts with no document open (also updated other unaffected commands to use the safer method)
  • Fixed language in Character panel not being applied in a mixed language selection
  • Fixed Align Stroke to Inside and Align Stroke to Outside icons in the Stroke panel
  • Fixed clipped UI when adding a Add Global Colour via the HSL Wheel
  • Fixed category name failing to appear when importing ABR brushes
  • Fixed being unable to paste text from WordPad
  • Fixed exporting 'Selection Without Background'
  • Fixed creation of invalid samples when a communication error occurs
  • Fixed SVG export Rasterise text not displaying correctly
  • Added crash reference to crash report dialog
  • Added Exit to Export Persona File Menu
  • Fixed incorrect margins being retrieved from some printers
  • Fixed Export Manage presets
  • Fixed guide position tooltip not clearing when pressing escape
  • Improved Pen tool to show nodes of curve selection as small handles when creating new curves, this helps distinguish between dragging out a new curve or beginning a new curve
  • Fixed file thumbnails not displaying transparency correctly
  • Added ability to open .afbrushes via Explorer / command line
  • Added ability to allow parser to selectively promote numbers to degree angles for use in sin(), cos() and tan()
  • Fixed crash when parsing parenthesis
  • Fixed moving an item into a symbol when syncing is off
  • Fixed deleting the first or last curve nodes attempting to re-fit the curve shape as it makes no sense for unclosed curves
  • Fixed choosing a colour after having a gradient selected not resetting opacity back to 100 

Installer Fixes

• Fixed non-DPI aware language selection dialog

> Fixed incorrect margins being retrieved from some printers

On the canon MG5150 this is still retrieving the wrong margins

Canon printer
left / right 3.39mm
top 2.96mm
bottom 5.04mm

affinity retrieve from printer
left / right 12.8mm
Top 11.2mm
bottom 11.2mm

Hy everyone. What amazing software! Me and my staff are really happy to finally have a replacemente for our dear Fireworks. I'm having some performance issues on my laptop. It's a Core i5 with a Intel 4000 graphic card. When I move a picture using a high level of zoom, que picture gets a "sqaures" effect and the processor goes rapidly to 100%. Are you guys aware of this kind of behavior? 

Hy everyone. What amazing software! Me and my staff are really happy to finally have a replacemente for our dear Fireworks. I'm having some performance issues on my laptop. It's a Core i5 with a Intel 4000 graphic card. When I move a picture using a high level of zoom, que picture gets a "sqaures" effect and the processor goes rapidly to 100%. Are you guys aware of this kind of behavior? 

Do you have a sample document that we could take a look at? Also, if you look in %APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta) could you send me a private message with the SystemInformation.txt file as it will help to evaluate what kind of machine you have.

I'm trying to print a file on the A4 in size 9cm x 5cm, more, the size is still going wrong, even in the new version, the impression left with 15cmx20cm

Totos are the files I create in Affinity Information, follows an attachment
(Obs) This problem is since the first beta, in all versions gives error.

post-31641-0-85914900-1470251209_thumb.jpg

Hi,

My mouse got stuck panning the canvas twice since uploading to the latest beta. Kept panning whatever the tool, but could close document and re-open without problems. Had not happened to me in earlier betas. I was working on imported eps, maybe that's got something to do with it.

Hi,

My mouse got stuck panning the canvas twice since uploading to the latest beta. Kept panning whatever the tool, but could close document and re-open without problems. Had not happened to me in earlier betas. I was working on imported eps, maybe that's got something to do with it.

Hi Biscuit, are you referring to auto-pan, where you put the cursor near the edge of the document view and it auto-scrolls?

I use Adobe Illustrator since Freehand disappeared. After trying Affinity Designer I can say that is an impressive software. Powerful while intuitive. I can open and edit files without problems illustrator and, best of all, my old files saved in Freehand format .FH. It seems that it is possible to have an excellent professional tool without having to stay with empty pockets. Thanks!

I don't know how or where on the canvas it started, but my mouse pointer would behave as if pressing spacebar and klick dragging. Except that I wasn't and I believe the pointer didn't turn in a hand. 

• Staff

I'm trying to print a file on the A4 in size 9cm x 5cm, more, the size is still going wrong, even in the new version, the impression left with 15cmx20cm

Totos are the files I create in Affinity Information, follows an attachment
(Obs) This problem is since the first beta, in all versions gives error.

Hi Andre,

I've tried your document with our printers and I am still unable to reproduce the issue you are getting. I have installed the T50 drivers to have a look what options you have, but without the printer I can't get any kind of output. If you select the Printer Properties when printing could you attach a screenshot of the 'Page Layout' tab? I'm curious to see if you have any of the Reduce/Enlarge options ticked. If you do it's worth disabling them to see if that helps.

Clicking an object with the move tool for more than half a second and a transform operation is added to the history tab.

Ctrl + drag then undo the operation, the shape is now duplicated on top of the original.

Why is ctrl drag even duplicating the object in the first place? That's the job of the Alt key. If you allow Ctrl to duplicate then when we try to zoom with the keyboard (ctrl + space) often the object will be duplicated by mistake rather than zooming.

Space + Ctrl activates zooming, but Ctrl + Space does not (notice the key order), I find this confusing. Also, if you're zooming and you let go of the Ctrl key you continue to zoom, I think you should go back to move without having to release the mouse button.

Lastly, Illustrator has this super neat feature in the pen and node tool, press the space key and it will move the node while editing. A good time saver.

One last question, I don't have a lot of time to test your software, but from time to time I do and I see areas where the workflow could be improved (the ctrl to duplicate mentioned above is one), can these be submitted for consideration even after then beta period?

Thanks!

Hi Andre,

I've tried your document with our printers and I am still unable to reproduce the issue you are getting. I have installed the T50 drivers to have a look what options you have, but without the printer I can't get any kind of output. If you select the Printer Properties when printing could you attach a screenshot of the 'Page Layout' tab? I'm curious to see if you have any of the Reduce/Enlarge options ticked. If you do it's worth disabling them to see if that helps.

Not Andre, but I have the Epson P50, which I is what Andre mentioned in an earlier post he has, I believe.

This file prints for me exactly as it appears on-screen in AD 1.5.0.9.  I quite deliberately made no changes to my printer's settings, simply choosing File>Print after opening Andre's file.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Why is ctrl drag even duplicating the object in the first place? That's the job of the Alt key.

Ctrl-dragging to create a copy is standard Windows functionality (e.g. Ctrl-dragging a file in an Explorer window). The Alt key temporarily disables snapping in Affinity Designer, so it's useful to have an alternative modifier which keeps snapping enabled.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Do you have a sample document that we could take a look at? Also, if you look in %APPDATA%\Serif\Affinity Designer\1.0 (Beta) could you send me a private message with the SystemInformation.txt file as it will help to evaluate what kind of machine you have.

Mark, I've sent you the System Info.

Added right mouse button as fourth modifier, which enables support for brush tool size and hardness shortcut amongst others (ALT+RightMouse)

Did I hear that correctly? ALT + right mouse button changes the size of the diameter of the tool (Just like in Photoshop)? This does not work for me.

• Staff

Michail

Did I hear that correctly? ALT + right mouse button changes the size of the diameter of the tool (Just like in Photoshop)? This does not work for me.

Yes as a modifier to the left mouse down, as discussed here

Added right mouse button as fourth modifier?    

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Oi Andre,

eu tentei o documento com as nossas impressoras e eu ainda sou incapaz de reproduzir o problema que você está recebendo. Eu tenho instalado os drivers T50 para ter um olhar que você tem opções, mas sem a impressora não pode receber qualquer tipo de saída. Se você selecionar as propriedades da impressora ao imprimir você pode anexar uma imagem do guia "Layout da Página"? Estou curioso para ver se você tem qualquer uma das opções Reduzir / Ampliar passavam. Se você fizer isso vale a pena desativá-los para ver se isso ajuda.

I made several tests and noticed this error happens only when I set the printer to print on glossy paper for photo quality.
Already on plain paper, in quality text or text image, print out at regular size. http://prntscr.com/c1mctf http://prntscr.com/c1md6d