You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, can anyone advise, I have a Canon Pixma Pro 9000 II, I take photos in RAW with Nikon D7000 and adjust in Affinity but recently printed off on A4 and not happy with colour as per screen, this may be due to calibration of my macbook pro,  (retina) but also down to the paper I used which was quite old

Looking at various options on the net, i.e. calibration, sRGB against RGB etc., I also on Affinity under document found Convert or Assign ICC profile and within this options for printer and paper and at bottom highlighted was sRGB. My question is, under either or both of these profiles should I choose the printer/print paper I am going to use or as I have been doing just export them and select jpg option.

Sorry if this sounds a stupid question but I have never before looked into this and it only arose because on several occasions I have been unhappy with the print colour again what I expect to see and at times they have come out a lot darker when printed.  Also I am relatively new to Affinity

Thanks in advance

Sue

• Staff

The information in the following thread should help you further SueH. It explains how to select your printer/paper colour profile and how to use the Soft Proofing Adjustment layer. https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/11293-ap-printing-with-icc-printer-profiles/

Our video on Soft Proofing should also be also useful: https://vimeo.com/152413642

Hope that helps!