You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom to selected object

I know it isn't Drawplus ;)

In Drawplus I was able to zoom in to a selected part of my illustrations. So say for example I selected an eye, zoom would zoom automatically to that area so that I didn't have to navigate to it somewhere off screen. I often work at over 1000% magnification so this feature would be very useful too me. Yep, the navigation panel is useful but it does take a little longer.

Any change Affinity :)

Martigny

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

In Affinity Designer, go to the View menu and choose 'Zoom > Zoom to Selection' (Ctrl+Alt+0 on Windows, or Cmd+Shift+0 on Mac).

Edit: The keyboard shortcut seems to be one of several that are broken in the current build of Affinity Designer on Windows.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Thank you Fixx and Alfred.

The function I'd really like is not to have to take my hand off the mouse so that I can Ctrl Scroll to the area. Zoom to selection would be better as a default setting. Come to think of it, I can't think of a reason why the page disappearing off screen would interest any designer.

Please Affinity :)

M

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

Thanks for your reply MEB. These work great but still not as simple as the Ctrl Scroll which is what I always use to zoom in and out. :) Can't think why the page has to disappear off screen along with my illustration ;)

MEB

Just tried that ... perfect.

Thank you

In Affinity Designer, go to the View menu and choose 'Zoom > Zoom to Selection' (Ctrl+Alt+0).

cmd-shift-0 (mac)

With space-option (mac) it not possible to draw marquee, drawing translates to zoom directly (left out, right in).

Yes, option-scroll works as zoom in mac and zooms to cursor.

cmd-shift-0 (mac)

Thank you, Fixx. I've edited my previous post accordingly. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 1 year later...

Selecting the object and pressing Cmd +/- to zoom in or out is the best way to zoom, especially for pen/tablet users - it's the most user-friendly way to zoom. Back then, zoom to selected object was built in Adobe Fireworks and today you can find it in Sketch, Gravit Designer and Figma. It would really, really help to have it in Affinity Designer / Photo built in as well.