You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

CorelDraw has had this for years, and I so miss it and can't wait for all Affinity apps to receive it. Please guys introduce this soon. The blending tool was incredibly useful and you could do so much with it, blending any larger shape to any other small shape and blending between them which allowed you to have a rainbow of colour between them. Totally awesome tool.

I'm guessing once we get Vector Distortions we'll get blends - fingers crossed

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Like everyone here +1 for blend tool and envelope distort
I'm an ardent fan of Affinity because they chose to fight against the status quo.

So I bought the entire suite thinking that I'll cut ties with Adobe. But due to these small shortcomings still forced to pay the unreasonable monthly fee to Adobe. So, my dear affinity developers, we are here supporting you because it's a noble cause and we are not flush with new economy money to throw it away to giant corporations. Please understand that and bridge the gap between the 2 softwares.

Thank you for all your efforts.

PS: I'm even willing to pay a lil extra as a one time fee for this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a potential solution for those interested in doing a workaround. 

In my experience, using the Power Duplicate Feature Using CMD + J repeatedly after making a small adjustments in conjunction with the blend tool has given some pretty good results.

Perhaps the development team can work off that and allow for Power Duplication "CMD +J" to still maintain the copied instance after a layer has been converted to curves, then one could give a better more seamless duplication at any angle. 

Because right now when I do a duplication, then convert to curves, then adjust the nodes, the duplication command will not continue

I do understand that the blend tool inside of illustrator is vastly more robust then what I just described, with the ability to specify the number of steps, previewing color transition etc. but I'm hoping maybe a good start would be to make "Duplication" more powerful could be a good first step. 

While I would love a similar feature as the Make Blend tool in illustrator, I think the charm of Affinity is that it doesn't have a tool for everything and sometimes using a little imagination and "digital drawing technique" to get similar and sometimes the same affect. I can say after using AD for a while it makes me think about the perception and how to "see" and design rather than a tool per situation type of deal. 

blend-workaround.png

• 2 weeks later...

The broken link to the roadmap near the start of this thread raises a question. Is there a current road map for Affinity Designer (and if so where do I find it).

I'd find it hard to believe that developers aren't following some plan.

Intel i7-10700 Gen10 CPU, 32GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1660 OC 6GB
Windows 10 Pro 22H2, 1x 1TB M.2 NVMe, 1 x 2TB M.2 NVMe. Affinity APh, APu, ADe

• Staff

Hi Greyox,
We don't publish a roadmap publicly anymore. Serif tried to be more transparent/open about the development plans from the beginning however some users had trouble understanding/accepting the (inevitable) changes and delays that happen along the process and so we end up removing it to avoid causing false expectations. We still do provide information about new features/changes (refer to the logs published along the Beta builds) and a Customer Beta (available to all customers which can be downloaded from the Beta section in our Forums) so users can try them and provide feedback while they are still being worked/in development. Occasionally some developers also announce/demo some new features in the Forums.

13 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Greyox,
We don't publish a roadmap publicly anymore. Serif tried to be more transparent/open about the development plans from the beginning however some users had trouble understanding/accepting the (inevitable) changes and delays that happen along the process and so we end up removing it to avoid causing false expectations. We still do provide information about new features/changes (refer to the logs published along the Beta builds) and a Customer Beta (available to all customers which can be downloaded from the Beta section in our Forums) so users can try them and provide feedback while they are still being worked/in development. Occasionally some developers also announce/demo some new features in the Forums.

And about the Blend tool question???

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

+1 for Blend Tool. (Such beautiful work so far team Affinity. Would love to be a fly on the wall when this Blend Tool has been discussed, since 2014. Makes me appreciate Adobe more knowing key features missing for 7 years remain forthcoming.)

BTW, How much money if raised/crowd funded would ensure the “gap” features get coded in a timely, professional manner on par with the elegance of what you’ve already done? 

Respectfully.::

• 5 months later...
On 2/16/2021 at 2:03 PM, Andrew Windsor said:

CorelDraw has had this for years, and I so miss it and can't wait for all Affinity apps to receive it. Please guys introduce this soon. The blending tool was incredibly useful and you could do so much with it, blending any larger shape to any other small shape and blending between them which allowed you to have a rainbow of colour between them. Totally awesome tool.

Yup. Blends + gradient mesh is still the best way to create a realistic shadow under a 3D object. It takes lots of very difficult hand painting with a soft airbrush to acheive this.

image.png.7a45bd3cd1fc4e7fbbdc9536d32bfa4e.png