You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to export vector without pixelation

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to the forums and only recently picked up the beta. I have a file that I need to export (550px x 150px) and no matter what file extension I try to use, every single one has results that go from crisps and clean in the program to near unrecognizable due to pixelation and other issues. I've attached the original file along with a .jpg version for comparison. I've tried all of the extensions every way that I could think of and am still getting poor results. Note that it's been quite some time that I've done any design work since graduating school last year, and I'm hoping that I'm just forgetting something really obvious. :lol: If anyone has any answers, thank you in advance!

banner_Q3.afdesign

post-34675-0-04460500-1470098930_thumb.jpg

Did you try to increase the value for Raster DPI in the export window from 72 dpi to something like 300 dpi? Also check if the DPI is set to higher than 72 in the document setup window. It sounds like you are exporting at a resolution way too low for it to be crisp.

I just created a new document A4 at 300dpi. Copied your image into the document and it was tiny. Enlarged it and exported it as a .jpg with the background to the selection. Then imported it to a new document and it was perfect.

Good luck

Thank you so much!! This worked. I have been trying to get this image ready for a forum and I've come this close to going Office Space on my laptop. :lol: So right now I created the new doc A4 at 300dpi, and it is something that I will need at a particular size. How do I scale it down while still retaining the crisp results?

Would you be able to tell me what you think I've been doing wrong with this? It feels like I was going through everything that I knew was right and it blew up in my face.

DPI means nothing on the web.

If you wish to export at 550 x 150 pixels, make your document the 550 x 150 pixels in dimension. Bring your design into it and size it proportionately. Looking at the screen shot, it really doesn't appear that it would fill up that space across the width. But in any case, then export it to PNG for the greatest fidelity, else use JPG for a slightly smaller file.

The Office Space comment is one I can wholly identify with!

CD

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.