You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Locking masks and children

Is there a bug with the locking of child layers? Mask layers can be locked but don't show a lock. And if you lock clipped layers or masks in the layer panel they will still move with the parent object. They only stay locked in their position with the 'Lock children' option enabled.

If this is by design and there are two kinds of locking, they probably should have different names. (Freeze children sounds great.) But more importantly: often times I only want to freeze the position of the mask and not the clipped layers. Masks frequently relate to the position of other layers in the layer stack. Is there a way to freeze them separately?

Also with the 'Lock children' option enabled the children still flip and rotate with the buttons in the upper toolbar.

Hi Assurer,

Thank you for your answer. I am still wondering about child layers flipping and rotating with buttons in toolbar with "Lock children" enabled. Seems peculiar.

I just found another "Lock children" peculiarity: when it's enabled for a parent text layer in the move tool context, child layers will still move with the text when switching to the text tool and dragging the bounding box.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.