You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plugin Compatibility to improve?

I found this in the Comments section of an article about Affinity Photo on the Fstoppers website.

https://fstoppers.com/news/affinity-photo-15-update-coming-adds-macros-batch-processing-focus-stacking-and-139045

Andy Somerfield - July 20, 2016 Lloyd O'Daniel

Lloyd - this is *partly* because of sandboxing - we actually fixed that in the last release (special button in Preferences to negate sandbox).

Most problems with plugins at present are caused by something stupid I did when writing the plugin host code - glad to say that's fixed for 1.5 :)

I've also managed to get in touch with a few good people at the big plugin shops - so things should hopefully get much better in 1.5.

One can hope...

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

• Staff

Hi,

Yes - that is the case :)

1.5 fixes the schoolboy error I made the first time round - so hopefully we can make some progress during the beta (this won't magically fix everything, but means we are now in a better position to test plugins and fix them if they still don't work).

1.5 is currently undergoing internal alpha testing, but should be with you all later this week :)

Thanks,

Andy.

Wow, Andy. Good news all around. I think you're about to make a lot of people really, really happy!

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.