Sign in to follow this  
mushmelty

A marquee selection's width and height dimensions disappear immediately upon releasing the mouse button

With the info panel visible, I select the Rectangular Marquee Tool and draw some kind of rectangle. Immediately upon releasing the mouse button (track pad in my case), the width and height values disappear immediately (revert to the "--" value, more specifically).

I would expect that the values should remain in the info panel while the selection remains active. About once every ten times, the values remain, but I am at a loss as to why they should randomly work on very rare occasions.

Hi mushmelty,

Thanks for this. I can reproduce it and have logged it with development. It just doesn't work for me at all until I click the marquee again and move it. 

A workaround is to drag the first marquee you create around on screen. You only need to do this once - it seems.

After the drag the tool start working as expected, showing the size and location in the transform panel.

PS: Oh, didn't see the last part of that sentence in Chris' answer.