tokai

Designer: How to do a "Perspective Transform"?

Hi,

just bored and playing around a bit with Designer to get to know the application better (a good way to kill some time :) ).

So… I made this little keyboard (2D) and now I want to transform it into a more 3D-ish shape (like the trapezoid below.) How the heck can I do this?  :blink:

I'm quite sure I saw some perspective transform tool sometime, but I can't find it anymore... but maybe I'm confusing it with another application? When the keyboard group is activated and I go with the mouse to the top middle circular drag thingy I get the option to transform it into a parallelogram, but not into a trapezoid.

Help please!  :)

post-17131-0-05936400-1469909795_thumb.png

3D and 2D artist, you can follow me on Twitter: @binaryriot

It's been a year and a half since this was posted and we're still waiting for it… I'm just working on a logo in AD and need this transformation so badly. It's a shame we need to revert to other apps with such a basic feature, guys!

regards,

Matt

Hey guys,

just today again I really could’ve used this function – or at least very a similar function with the same result – as well.

Maybe this could at least get added to the mentioned roadmap? At this point I’d rather have this feature instead of the
Mesh Warp filter which I personally find pretty imprecise for a simple perspective transform like shown in the attached file.
As I create mostly simplistic and »clean« logos or imagery in apps like AD or AI I never really had any use for it as far as
I can recall – but that’s very subjective of course.

As Matt already stated it’s a bummer we need come up with work arounds for (simple?) missing features like this.

Greetings

Dennis

perspective_transform.mp4

Affinity_Signature.jpg.6aee62874ccb30620f5471d734bf780c.jpg

On 12/7/2017 at 8:52 PM, MrDoodlezz said:

At this point I’d rather have this feature instead of the
Mesh Warp filter which I personally find pretty imprecise for a simple perspective transform like shown in the attached file.
As I create mostly simplistic and »clean« logos or imagery in apps like AD or AI I never really had any use for it as far as
I can recall – but that’s very subjective of course.

As Matt already stated it’s a bummer we need come up with work arounds for (simple?) missing features like this.

Agreed.

4. In order to validate value, release early and often
As I always share in my Professional Scrum Product Owner Trainings when we talk about Value, there is one thing that you as a Product Owner must remember: "You have to release a Product to customers/users, in order to find out if you have delivered value for them!". Unfortunately, I encounter a lot of Product Owners in daily practice, who think that 'working on the Product for just a couple more Sprints' will create a Product that customers/users will certainly love. Often, this results in a lot of disappointments... So, start validating value, by releasing to your customers and users early and often!

https://www.scrum.org/resources/blog/10-tips-product-owners-business-value

I second this, a simple perspective warp would be very valuable, since we we already have a skew I was quite surprised that this was not there when I needed it. I could live without a mesh warp for a while, but it feels like a broken workflow to not have a perspective warp as it's so common a need (and feels like an extension of the skew feature).

When I needed this this was the first time I have had to resort to going back to photoshop to get it (And thereby creating a baked in non editable part of my composition).

Thanks for all you do, Designer is a great application.