I would like to see a Spiral tool added under the Pen tool.  That was one of the very best features in DrawPlus and would make a wonderful addition to Affinity Designer.  The folks on my forum used it... a lot.. and we all miss it.  Please give us a Spiral tool in AD.  :D

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

Oh please consider adding the spiral tool to AD.  I used it a lot in making my designs and characters and miss it terribly!   It is an extremely useful and versatile tool. 

me too,plus replicate - blend - roughen - shapes - gallery - bricks etc...

Affinity Designer has an extensive collection of shapes, and its 'power duplicate' feature does a pretty good job as far as replication is concerned (although you can't create a grid in a single step), but I really miss the Blend Tool.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

There are some prior posts the forums with the same request and ways to create them manually until the tool arrives...

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

There are some prior posts the forums with the same request and ways to create them manually until the tool arrives...

Can you be more specific about where to find these posts?  I see a lot of people are interested in the spiral tool so anything that would be a help in manual creation would be very nice.

Alfred, I agree with you, that Blend tool was genius!!   It's sad to see DrawPlus go by the wayside because it has so many excellent tools - ones I've never seen in other programs.  I'm still having a hard time with the dark interface in AD.  I can't tell if I  have a tool selected or not. Black on a slightly lighter shade of black is difficult to see.  It's too bad they didn't give us a REAL choice here.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

I use a separate application that only generates spirals. It is freeware. But it exports an old version of an Illustrator file format (akin to eps) and AD cannot read it. Everything else can including the vector application I use everyday. It's unfortunate AD cannot read it.

Mike

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

I'd like to see a more sophisticated spirals feature than the one in DrawPlus. I was able to draw the attached spiral in Affinity Designer with the help of the wonderful Lazy Nezumi Pro (which I discovered via these forums) but it isn't free.

post-8358-0-59955100-1470006379_thumb.png

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Can you be more specific about where to find these posts?

Please see this thread, MaryLou. :)

Alfred online2long.gif