You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spiral feature

I would like to see a Spiral tool added under the Pen tool.  That was one of the very best features in DrawPlus and would make a wonderful addition to Affinity Designer.  The folks on my forum used it... a lot.. and we all miss it.  Please give us a Spiral tool in AD.  :D

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

me too,plus replicate - blend - roughen - shapes - gallery - bricks etc...

Affinity Designer has an extensive collection of shapes, and its 'power duplicate' feature does a pretty good job as far as replication is concerned (although you can't create a grid in a single step), but I really miss the Blend Tool.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

There are some prior posts the forums with the same request and ways to create them manually until the tool arrives...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

There are some prior posts the forums with the same request and ways to create them manually until the tool arrives...

Can you be more specific about where to find these posts?  I see a lot of people are interested in the spiral tool so anything that would be a help in manual creation would be very nice.

Alfred, I agree with you, that Blend tool was genius!!   It's sad to see DrawPlus go by the wayside because it has so many excellent tools - ones I've never seen in other programs.  I'm still having a hard time with the dark interface in AD.  I can't tell if I  have a tool selected or not. Black on a slightly lighter shade of black is difficult to see.  It's too bad they didn't give us a REAL choice here.

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

I use a separate application that only generates spirals. It is freeware. But it exports an old version of an Illustrator file format (akin to eps) and AD cannot read it. Everything else can including the vector application I use everyday. It's unfortunate AD cannot read it.

Mike

I'd like to see a more sophisticated spirals feature than the one in DrawPlus. I was able to draw the attached spiral in Affinity Designer with the help of the wonderful Lazy Nezumi Pro (which I discovered via these forums) but it isn't free.

post-8358-0-59955100-1470006379_thumb.png

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)