Ammar

Distribute vertically or horizontally

Hello .. 

Is there any feature in affinity designer to distribute multi selected shapes vertically or horizontally like making spacing between]them equal, its very important in design process.

Kindest Regards

You mean this?

I don't think so.

I think Mr.  Ammar want "Replicate" option like PagePlus or "Apply Copy Option under Transformation Menu" in Corel Draw or sK1 Project.

Serif Software user since 2008 | Not an active forum user since July 4, 2019 after getting a nice response from Developer.

It doesn't seem to be possible to set a fixed gap size between multiple selected objects. With a row of identical rectangles, distributing them evenly will make the gaps the same, but if some of the rectangles are tall and the others are wide then the gaps will be different.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

It doesn't seem to be possible to set a fixed gap size between multiple selected objects. With a row of identical rectangles, distributing them evenly will make the gaps the same, but if some of the rectangles are tall and the others are wide then the gaps will be different.

We have two distribute options (be careful, Align has had some bugs. I haven't done any testing on the latest beta).

1) We have the layer Dropdown option which with distribute objects equally on their centers.

2) We have the Align tool (shown in post 2) which will distribute objects with an equal distance between their bounding boxes.

You can set a specific distance on this one  :) .

post-12544-0-29630800-1469830987_thumb.png

be careful, Align has had some bugs

Thanks, JimmyJack: I think that's the key. What I reported in my previous post is based on what I observed when someone raised this 'even gaps' issue in another thread. The behaviour in the latest build (1.5.0.8 on Windows) seems to be as you describe.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

hv.PNG.49a26360f96f2ecc68fbb0a0ce4574d7.PNG
I believe this are the distribute buttons you've been looking for.

hv.PNG

Edited by BryanMendoza
Removed the same embebed picture I've added. Still can't remove it form the attached files.

On 7/29/2016 at 1:49 PM, VIPStephan said:

HOW do you get this distribute tool to work? I have three separate lines of text boxes. I'd like two select each one, and then have then automatically spaced out.. The alignment works fine, but I cannot get items to distribute no matter how I make selections or using ANY of the drop down menus..

post-19002-0-58576100-1469814537_thumb.png

Hello cydonia195,

Deselect "Auto Distribute" to be able to carry out the distribution. Then adjust the deviation with the cursor or by entering the value directly in the cursor window.
Don't forget to click "OK" before leaving the window.

Espacement.gif

A very hand feature would be to have this work LR and TB to an artboard....>Do this with one click and make a lot of people very happy ......I've always wondered why this isn't at all intuitive or easy to understand in terms of a ui across any platform....