bendito33

Muddy discolored edge on layer mask

I can't seem to figure out why all my layer masks have a discolored edge. It's hard to describe, but I expect the edges of my mask to just fade the masked layer into the background. Instead they are strangely discolored. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Thanks for the help and for the incredibly good software!

See attached image and video:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zeqybwbdmmorvh5/Pixel%20Mask%20in%20Affinity%20Photo.mp4?dl=0

post-19280-0-05752800-1469808096_thumb.jpg

I can replicate this when the layer is an image layer

It does not happen if it is a raster layer (right klick, rasterize) 

Seems like a bug to me as well though 

+ I´m not seeing this happen anymore in AD 1.5 beta7 so they might have already fixed it for the next release 

AP 1.5 beta is scheduled for next week or the week after next week, MAS release September/ October

Hi bendito33

Sorry for a delayed reply. As MDb has pointed out this is pretty easy to reproduce in 1.4.2, however I have tried this with the new 1.5 beta and it seems to no longer be an issue. If you wish to confirm this yourself, you can download the beta from the link in this thread. The beta will run side by side with you installed App store version

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com