You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 7)

• Staff

Purpose: New features, fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

This is an early beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it should be considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.5 cannot be opened in 1.4 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.5 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.4 version.

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Fixes/Improvements:

• Snapping improvements.
  • Fix for PSD export to Apple Motion.
  • Fix for PDF import issues with loading bitmaps which are different colour formats to the document and cope with JPEG2000 objects in the PDF.
  • Miscellaneous Symbol fixes.
  • Miscellaneous text fixes.
  • Menus now respond to keyboard input properly.
  • Colour picker works correctly with objects in the pasteboard when canvas clipping is off.
  • Exporting vector masks with transparency to PSD now functions correctly.
  • Fix for crash changing between retina and non-retina displays
  • Minor bug fixes and stability issues.

So, maybe the 1.5 version shall be available in the MAS in september or even, before?

Well. The most important thing is a very good and stable version. Not a lot of improvements and sparkles but with stability issues (as always)  :)

Keep on the good work, guys!!!

Graphic designer from Bilbao (Spain) FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer rocks! - Diseñador gráfico de Bilbao (España). FreeHand forever. Affinity Designer ¡mola!

• Staff

The problem arises when the system language is not English - hence we didn't spot it, sorry... It's currently building and the new version should be up in about an hour or so. I'll post here to let you know when it's ready. Thanks again,

Matt

So now we´ve got Single, Multi pass and automatic rendering, does automatic just mean that it automatically switches between the two?

(Maybe it would be better to just write rendering instead of retina rendering as a description label of the dropdown? Cause it´s not always Retina...)

<<  What´s the difference between rendering and view quality setting? >>

Apart from that - the new rendering is most likely my favorite feature!!!

Fixed as well: symbols top bar resizes correctly when modifying the page/panel width 

- not only curves end point modifications and bevel profiles are broken but blend ranges sliders are also broken 

- one still can´t drag the "opacity" label to change the opacity of layers    :wacko: (like it works for brush size e.g.)

- If you open the change the view mode preference thing and change it without changing it, AD still ask´s if you want to restart (cosmetically)

+ dropping stuff into assets and symbol panels

+ might we get the docking of two columns of tool panels to the right (and left) side like possible in AD for Windows?
+ Bleed preview, linked bleed values
+ macOS fixes (checkboxes + scrollbars) 

Thanks for the update 

Жаль, что все - новая версия там его теперь правильно проверяет бета истечения при запуске. Надеюсь, вы не должны иметь никаких больше проблем, но, пожалуйста, дайте нам знать... :)

Мэтт

Hi Matt!
all OK! program starts
Tatyana

Hi MattP,

In continuation of the 'Assets' panel crashing AD... I've found anther scenario that leads to a crash. I have a group with a Clarity adjustment from AF in it. Adding it as an asset will crash the app.  Guess this will come out in the wash once it's a MAS release and Properly tested with AF?

Cheers

So now we´ve got Single, Multi pass and automatic rendering, does automatic just mean that it automatically switches between the two?

(Maybe it would be better to just write rendering instead of retina rendering as a description label of the dropdown? Cause it´s not always Retina...)

<<  What´s the difference between rendering and view quality setting? >>

Apart from that - the new rendering is most likely my favorite feature!!!

Fixed as well: symbols top bar resizes correctly when modifying the page/panel width 

- not only curves end point modifications and bevel profiles are broken but blend ranges sliders are also broken 

- one still can´t drag the "opacity" label to change the opacity of layers    :wacko: (like it works for brush size e.g.)

- If you open the change the view mode preference thing and change it without changing it, AD still ask´s if you want to restart (cosmetically)

+ dropping stuff into assets and symbol panels

+ might we get the docking of two columns of tool panels to the right (and left) side like possible in AD for Windows?
+ Bleed preview, linked bleed values
+ macOS fixes (checkboxes + scrollbars) 

Thanks for the update 

I wonder about this stuff as well. Mac OS fixes would be most welcomed.

UI Designer, CG Artist

Macbook Pro 15" 2014

2.5 Ghz, 750M

https://www.behance.net/VladMafteiuScai

is there an option in the slice creation process to have a slice based on an object but exporting everything in the scope of that object?

if I create a slice based on an object, only that object is exported

- I´d like to klick on that icon (in the export slices panel in front of the slice) which is a pentagon and a circle and turn that into the normal slice symbol (two rectangles) so that everything that is covered by the slice is exported. That would make slices actually useful for me and to give one example: that would make exporting patterns really easy because one can setup a pattern grid using symbols and then just select one cell, create a slice from that cell and export everything that is covered by that cell. Does that make sense? Am I missing something obvious?

Still wondering what the difference/ connection between the preference >view and >rendering setting is though  :lol: :ph34r:

and here is a strange symbols resizing bug

Hi Guys,

Export dont works korrect (Sorry my English is not English :-))

My Test:

• ArtBoard 512x512
  • Position a simple Graphic to BOTTOM RIGHT
  • In ExportPersona set a additional Slice for this Graphic
  • Export this Slice in SVG and PDF

RESULT

• exportet SVG: Graphic is korrekt + a big suspect Rectangle(selector or Mask)??
  • exportet PDF: Document has the Format from Artboard, not from Slice

Pleas see Attachments, i have all Original-Documents included.

Greetings from Austria

:-) Gerhard

post-27500-0-76634000-1469828626_thumb.jpg

post-27500-0-79208900-1469828627_thumb.jpg

PDF_Export.zip

post-27500-0-47271500-1469828630_thumb.jpg

It seems copy paste inside a textarea is broken. I cant copy single words and paste them after the text. 

Thanks ^^

Can confirm this. Cut/copy/pase inside a text field is not possible within AD. Text from external can be pasted.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6

• Staff

and here is a strange symbols resizing bug

That's acting strangely because it's transforming each of the objects, which because they're all the same object but from a different instance, causes them to resize all the others too - which resizes all the others, etc, etc... Just resize one of them! ;)  I'll have to think about how to make this work... 

• Staff

Just downloaded the beta 7 but can't cut and paste in the text field.

Hi osang,

Check out my post two above yours - and the one above that ;)  Sorry about the bug, it was resolved straight away after the build... We'll have another build up this week... :)

Thanks,

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.