You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I am (was) just still interested in Affinity. (f. Windows).

And I herbely regret to claim in my first post, that I had find out today that information threads are hidden for non-mods/admins from on day to another (43hrs ago) .... but why?

I found a thread about affinity just on Tuesday, 07-26-2016 by google, because I wanted to know more about the product. I already own Pageplus X6, Draw X5 and webplus4.

And I am missing is this thread:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22334-affinity-designer-is-not-serif-drawplus/

perhaps someone "deleted" even more threads ...???

Within just last 2 days (nearby 43hrs) !!!

WHY?

I remember that someone like a moderator (maybe Andy Somerfield?? ) posted it, but I wasn't able to save/print this article/thread.

So... this information is lost ... for me. .. for others.

But why?

Isnt' it useful to know what kind of program it is and ... is not?

... how it differs to other (serif) programs? What a customer can expect and what he would miss/ is false adressed to?

I can't understand this ... I my mind its wasn't a kind of discussion, but more a useful informative thread.

Can one retrieve/ discover this thread again, please?

Many thanks!

Hello HelftCD and welcome to the Affinity forums :)
Was this the discussion you were following here?: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/21733-affinity-designer-is-not-affinity-photo/&p=101659
If it is the one I don’t know why your link stopped working but I think sometimes topics get moved from one forum area to another more appropriate area for them and this maybe breaks the links if you had bookmarked a page in your browser.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

I found a thread about affinity just on Tuesday, 07-26-2016 by google, because I wanted to know more about the product. I already own Pageplus X6, Draw X5 and webplus4.

And I am missing is this thread:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22334-affinity-designer-is-not-serif-drawplus/

perhaps someone "deleted" even more threads ...???

I'm sorry to say that this isn't the first time this has happened. :(

Can one retrieve/ discover this thread again, please?

Google's cache of the first page is here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I think it´s clear that a forum has to be kept clean just like a household and sometimes you have to wipe out some dust.

Obviously it´s not always clear as to where to draw the line between a vibrant discussion and disturbance so I´m not to make a judgement on these threads. 

What disturbs me is that Affinity has to power to remove threads but oneself does not

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/22896-how-to-delete-an-account/&p=107607

After requesting the deletion of ones account the account and it´s content is still there.

I wanted to look up the terms and conditions of this forum and see what´s stated there (I´d expect something like - everything you post here is owned by Affinity and can be kept as long as they want to) but I coudn´t find any terms and conditions.

Btw: he was referring to the drawPlus VS AD thread where MattP already announced to delete it

• Staff

Hi HeftCD,

It was a thread that I had created to provide useful information for people like yourself - I thought I was doing something that would be of benefit to forum users. In the end, I deleted it myself. Threads are extremely rarely deleted - it is not commonplace and my reasoning was as follows...

The thread had become a magnet for a few users of the Plus products to criticise and vent their anger at our decision to end-of-life products that were no longer economically viable, and ultimately to take offence to what they perceived was the attitude of the Affinity team to their questions - which was untrue and simply a combination of the fact that we had no answers they wanted to hear and that we are not in a position to speak on behalf of another part of the business.

As a result, I felt that if the thread remained (even in a locked state) it would do very little to help any actual users - it was certainly taking up more of our resources to rebuke the comments of those users than it would do to simply answer questions from beta testers when they have actual questions regarding the products' relationships.

Hope you can understand and respect my decision.

Thanks,

Matt

I felt that if the thread remained (even in a locked state) it would do very little to help any actual users

It was certainly in need of heavy pruning, which would obviously not have been good use of a developer's time, but perhaps you could re-post your OP so that it's still available if the old copy disappears from Google's cache.

I still don't understand why TraceyW's thread about the Flood Fill Tool was deleted.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)