You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

hi,

cant wait to try affinity photo for windows, and my number 1 question is: does or will Randomcontrol "ArionFX for Photoshop" link
plugin be supported?

i am asking here as its not on your list:
http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/

i'll buy affintiy photo definitely if it is

best regards
Reinhard Kepplinger

ArionFX is a standard (classic) Photoshop plugin. As long as your image editor supports Photoshop plugins, and can handle 32bit per channel, ArionFX should work. It works without a problem in Photoline. In the latest beta of Photoline ArionFX even works as a non-destructive live effect (just like Photoshop smart filters!).

Which means it should work in the upcoming Affinity Photo 1.5 with HDR/32bpc as well.

• 3 months later...

I can confirm it's working in Photo beta 1.5.0.39. for win, but NOT in 32bit mode - only in 16bit RGB. The dynamic range seems ok, though...

I've reinstalled arionfx using affinity's plugin folder as a target for the CS5 plugin. Wasn't able to get it working by specifying newer PS version plugin folders.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Why not download the latest trial.

Also for the sake of clarity this plugin is Windows Only: http://www.arionfx.com/arionfx-for-photoshop

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

14 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Why not download the latest trial.

Also for the sake of clarity this plugin is Windows Only: http://www.arionfx.com/arionfx-for-photoshop

what do you mean?
i use
Arionfx - v3.5.3
Affinity Photo - v1.7.3.481
and tried latest Beta:
Affinity Photo - v1.8.0.514
and i know its Windows only and i am runninng latest Win10...

There a lots of people read posts out of curiosity, learning and possibly to help, adding links to a plugin is useful info for other readers to be aware of so they understand the post, shame its windows only as it sounds like a good plugin. if you have tested it in the 1.8 windows beta version and it doesn't work its worth mentioning.

• Does it start at all?
  • Does it crash Affinity Photo?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

didnt check the link in first post - domainname changed this year... will edit link in the first post
this topic has been also discussed in another thread and Devs should be aware oft it since 2016
the problem is still that ArionFx Plugin is "greyed out" (unselectable)  in 32bit mode and only works with 16bit oder 8bit...

a Dev was talking about a fix soon in 2016 - so i was hoping this was ment for ArionFX

so i am still hoping this bug might be fixed for next update

ok just found out i cant edit and update link in first post?!

44 minutes ago, ReinhardK said:

ok just found out i cant edit and update link in first post?!

Nothing should stop you from editing the first post. You should see these options at the bottom of the post, just above your signature:

image.png.84ccd0ec58fffb986506e141b9ae0e0d.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You have to remember these plugins were written for Adobe Photoshop not Affinity Photo, it would be interesting to see what ArionFX have to say about it's compatibility with Affinity Photo.

Regardless of App compatibility ArionFX can only be used with certain GPU's (Graphics Processing Unit) aka Graphic card/chip: http://www.arionfx.com/compatibility 

@firstdefencesorry but i am not interested in any kind of speculation on your side, like said some words of a Dev could maybe give some insight and facts

regarding app compatibility i think you mix Arion Render (which was discontinued btw) and ArionFx, and those link you posted says:
"The charts below will help you choose the right GPU for Arion and the Arion plug-ins:"
btw Arion runs on CPU and GPU...

what i really dont get is if i ask a question to Serif Officials and Devs, and somebody answeres who has no answers!
nothing personal but i'll ignore further stuff from you - as you seem to talk much about stuff you have limited knowledge, please dont waste my time.

On 12/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, ReinhardK said:

a Dev was talking about a fix soon in 2016 - so i was hoping this was ment for ArionFX

It is unclear (to me) which of the preceding posts @Mark Ingram was referring to in his post that you mentioned above, and thus what the bug might be that was being fixed. Perhaps he will remember, or  be able to provide other details relevant to your question.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

It is unclear (to me) which of the preceding posts @Mark Ingram was referring to in his post that you mentioned above, and thus what the bug might be that was being fixed. Perhaps he will remember, or  be able to provide other details relevant to your question.

I was talking about general plugin fixes, not specifically for this ArionFX plugin. 

@Mark Ingram ok thanks for that information, but could you please tell me if ArionFx will be working in 32bit in Photo? - or its too difficult? - or does it need changes on plugin side?
i am in contact with Chema Guerra (CEO and Lead Engineer at RandomControl), in case its necessary i, or you could get in touch with him to ask for changes?
i really hope at some point ArionFX will work
thanks in advance

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...