You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export options vs design industry

Hi,

I'm a beginner designer, try to learn how to design mainly logos in Illustrator, but after I've seen what Affinity can do I'm really in shock and just love it. However, and that is my question, I've learned so far, that when you do a logotype for a company, they usually want an output .ai file which is unavailable in Affinity. Of course I know, I can export to .eps or .svg but I'm afraid it would be difficult to explain a costumer, that I cannot provide Illustrator file for him. How to deal with this...?

• Staff

Hi proce55or,

Unless the client specifically requests an .ai file, In most cases you can provide a PDF.

A PDF is an open standard for electronic document exchange (it's not dependent of a specific software as .ai or other proprietary formats are) and is widely used in the printing/desktop publishing industry. Affinity will be able to provide all most recent specs (PDF/X-1a, PDF/X-3, PDF/X-4) so you shouldn't have problems here.

• Staff

You can already find some video tutorials produced by Affinity team on Vimeo. And we have a section in the forum with some user tutorials too. There's also a free online course on Udemy produced by an Affinity user (Andrew Vega).

And with time more documentation and tutorials will be made available.