You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to create Transparent Watermark?

Hi all,

Just downloaded a trial version, and wanted to ensure that all my workflows can be done using Affinity Photo. However, I can't figure out how to create a watermark as per 

Can anyone help me please?

Best regards,

SAM

• Staff

Hello songws,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Here's a tutorial on Text: Branding/Watermarking with Affinity Photo. You can achieve a similar 3d effect using a Bevel/Emboss or 3D Effect FX in Affinity clicking on the FX icon on the bottom of the Layers panel and enabling the effect you want from the Layer Effects dialog that will open. Let me know if you find trouble doing it in Affinity.

• 2 years later...
On 7/27/2016 at 5:32 PM, MEB said:

Hello songws,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Here's a tutorial on Text: Branding/Watermarking with Affinity Photo. You can achieve a similar 3d effect using a Bevel/Emboss or 3D Effect FX in Affinity clicking on the FX icon on the bottom of the Layers panel and enabling the effect you want from the Layer Effects dialog that will open. Let me know if you find trouble doing it in Affinity.

I already HAVE my company's logo - so I don't want to write text as shown in the video  - how can I do what is shown in the video but instead of typing the text, import my existing logo (and then affect opacity, shadows etc etc)?

@henryb you simply import it and change the opacity with the layer opacity slider (layers are in the lower right side of your window). shadows can be found under layer effects, found in the "effects" tab in the same areas as the layers (lower right of your screen). if neither is visible, go to "view" -> Studio -> click to the windows you want to be shown, so there is a hook next to their name.