You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mouse coordinates

Hello guys,

I think it would be very helpful if I could see the live mouse coordinates somewhere in the GUI.

Maybe you could also offer OpenGL world coordinates with the point of origin in the centre of the document.

This would make it easier to make GUIs in a 2D OpenGL game because you don't have to calculate the correct vectors for positioning the objects by yourself.

I would really appreciate it if the aspect was also considered:

Say you have a 1536x2048 document. The corresponding world coordinates would be -1 .. 1 on the x axis and

-1.333 .. 1.333 on the y axis.

I am currently working on my first game for the iPhone/iPad and I must say that I am really excited about Affinity Designer because I can make good looking graphics fast and easy. I used InkScape before but it lacks heavily a good workflow. You guys have done many many things right! Keep up the good work! :)

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

Hi robert,

Just as a quickie, I thought I'd mention that you can use the Transform panel's anchor control to show you the x,y in any of the 9 positions available on each selection. Simply select your object(s) and go to the Transform panel then click the anchor control at the top right to show the x,y for the top right corner of the selection, for example :)

Thanks,

Matt