Sign in to follow this  
Shmoo

[By Design] Reset Selection Box - doesn't work!

For some reason my Reset Selection Box option doesn't work anymore. Yesterday it was working fine, today not anymore.

woHspz3.png

I just draw stuff the vector shape with the pen tool, rotated it a little bit and now I want to reset the selection box of the object but it keeps switching back to rotated settings.

Affinity Designer 1.4.2 - El Capitan

post-11039-0-00954700-1469535754_thumb.gif

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

Hi Shmoo,

This is By Design. The Reset Selection Box change is not permanent and it's meant to help you align/edit the object temporarily. It reverts to the original state as soon as you deselect it.

It always worked like this.

There's a workaround if you want to set it's "state" to permanent. Draw a rectangle bigger than the object you want to "reset", select both and press the Intersect button (boolean operation). The bounding box of the original object will be reset.

Okay, I didn't know that..

Thanks.

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

How about adding an »option key« function to the reset button? So the user would be able to decide if resetting should be permanent.

I will add that to the feature request for 1.7