You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Custom document templates

I can't find it, so I'm assuming it's not there. But I could also be completely missing it.

Anyway, I do quite a bit of artwork for music labels and for that I create a lot of 'New Documents' with the same dimensions and resolution, same goes for the Facebook banners that usually go with a release. At this point I have a few template documents with the correct document setup. But I aways have to remember to save as... if I don't want to overwrite the current template.

First of all I would like to be able to specify my own document presets that I can choose when opening a New Document. This would include all parameters I can set in the New Document pop-up.

Secondly I also have a few documents that have specific settings in terms of grid, guide lines etc. I would love to be able to save a document as template. Basically it would save a document not as a Affinity file, but as a template. This would be a regular Affinity Document, but that could be chosen from the 'New Document' dropdown menu and would act as a starting point. Saving the file would work as normal, but would not overwrite the template.

Hope this makes sense.

There's a recent thread about this here. Lots of 'like' and '+1' responses, but no comment from the devs so far.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

+1

<voice= "Roger Rabbit"> P-p-p-l-eeasseee... </voice> 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?