You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am new to the Affinity Photo software but learning quickly.  I am very impressed with what I have seen so far.  I come from the Photo Shop world like most and have a question.

With Photo Shop, I used a dedicated external 1 TB hard drive as my scratch disk, using this for the software to use making its adjustments and help speed up the process.

In looking in the preferences for Affinity I do not see where this option is available.  Am I perhaps missing where this setting might be?  I would like to keep my hard drive for Affinity and my internal computer hard drive separate.

thanks

The Photoshop scratch disk is basically a kind of virtual memory the app uses for temporary storage of parts of open documents that would use too much real memory, leaving very little for other things.

There is no equivalent in Affinity Photo because it seems to be a much more memory efficient app than Photoshop & works well with the builtin OS X virtual memory system.

In other words, you don't need a scratch disk for AP, so they do not provide that feature.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7