You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to delete an Account?

Guest Arun Sarkar

Hello :)

Greetings of the day!!!

Is it possible to delete an account from Affinity Forum?

If yes please let me know the procedure.

Thanks in advance

Arun

Guest Arun Sarkar

Moderators can delete accounts. Would you like me to delete yours?

Yes Yes!, please

Thanks a lot for your kind help.

Best regards

Arun

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, gama said:

Can you delete mine too? 

To have your forum account deleted you can email dataprotection@serif.com and tell them what you'd like done.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 9 months later...
46 minutes ago, FFrancois said:

Please delete mine too !

On 7/18/2020 at 12:18 AM, walt.farrell said:

To have your forum account deleted you can email dataprotection@serif.com and tell them what you'd like done.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

@FFrancois

There is no way to delete your account by posting here because once your account is deleted so would the "proof" you requested it, and someone could then deny that they asked!

Our process is to email DataProtection@serif.com (from the same email address as your forum account) explaining whether you want your Affinity forum posts also deleting or simply anonymising (leaving them visible) when your account is deleted

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 month later...

However, there should be an option in the (Account) settings to delete the account or request deletion. The required email address DataProtection@serif.com can only be obtained by specific request. Deleting an account is really not made easy here. Serif is always friendly and accommodating, but not a good example in this case.

Illustration & Grafik bodobe.de

• Staff

These are standard off the shelf forums. I am an administrator and Data Protection Officer for Serif, so if there is an option for this I will turn it on but I don't think that there is. Being a friendly company doesn't always mean we can give people everything they want.

Because the forums are independent of our Affinity Store, the use of DataProtection@serif.com allows us to query what else the customer wants to be deleted. Finally we think it is good to have the email request because it's proof that the customer themselves made the conscious choice, as deleting posts and threads can be quite destructive to the readability of threads, so we also offer for the account to be anonymised instead. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon