You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preference for default zoom to not exceed 100% in Photo

• Staff

Hi madmats, PasserBy,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This isn't a bug but an improvement/feature to be added to the program eventually.
Meanwhile you can press cmd + 1(CTRL on Windows) or double-click the zoom icon/tool on the toolbar on the left to quickly zoom to 100%. Also pressing cmd + 0 (CTRL on Windows) ou double-clicking the View Tool icon on the left toolbar zooms to fit (there's a known issue with the View Tool where it currently doesn't zoom to fit when you double-click on the icon - this is being looked at).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Affinity and I'm pretty much satisfied so far with all the features and the tools it offers!
However, I must second everyone asking to set the zoom to 100%. It's very frustrating to see your images pixelated because they have to fit a 27" screen when I only just want to crop them.

I honestly can't see how this could be useful for someone.

Other than that, congratulations it's such a great job!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just found this feature request when searching for a setting I missed in Photo and Designer... But there is no setting.

This feature request is about 4,5 years old and still it isn't implemented. What a pity. 😲

Please implement a setting to stop Photo and Designer to zoom in when opening a file. I'm using a 32" monitor and it looks very ugly when a 100x100px icon is zooming in.

• 2 weeks later...

It is scary that Serif has no insight in workflows with small images and obviously no professional users involved.

It is depressing that the few lines of code involved in this and the tiny effort required to remedy this user interface madness has not yet been allocated and prioritized.

”Serif Software - We will make you wait!”

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

This post is more than 4 years old and we're still here begging for such a simple thing.

Serif, for the love of God, can you give us a feedback?

Working on a 34" 4K ultra-wide screen is a pain in the /\ss. This "zoom to 100%" thing is just unbearable when I open multiple images at the same time.

4XZ2WRp.png

Please, please, please...

On 11/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, LuBre said:

This post is more than 4 years old and we're still here begging for such a simple thing.

Serif, for the love of God, can you give us a feedback?

Working on a 34" 4K ultra-wide screen is a pain in the /\ss. This "zoom to 100%" thing is just unbearable when I open multiple images at the same time.

Please, please, please...

So what fuels your hope? Just curious. The more this disrupted my workflow the happier I was to pay for Photoshop. Or whatever else.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

1 minute ago, Jowday said:

So what fuels your hope? Just curious. The more this disrupted my workflow the happier I was to pay for Photoshop. Or whatever else.

Going back to Adobe? Not even in my darkest days, no way. This is not enough to go back. I just hope Affinity will eventually reply to this thread.

8 minutes ago, LuBre said:

Going back to Adobe? Not even in my darkest days, no way. This is not enough to go back. I just hope Affinity will eventually reply to this thread.

"Or whatever else"

Perhaps in four more years time they will.

It's bad also because if you open multiple images they will automatically zoom to fit the entire space. Then you need to manually CTRL+1 each one and when you move from one tab to another they briefly "resize" in a split second, resulting in some kind of "flickering". It's just useless and VERY annoying.

19 hours ago, madmats said:

What is weird, however, is that so many people must think that this is fine? Who are these crazy people.

haha this made me laugh when I got the email alert! It all comes down to workflow I think and a lot of people only use the software for photography or photo manipulation and it's probably fine.  Then there are people like probably the majority of this thread that are constantly cropping images, inspecting small images for use on websites etc where we are opening small images all the time it become the most annoying thing ever, and such an easy setting option is what kills me on this one.

5 hours ago, Nickfmc said:

haha this made me laugh when I got the email alert! It all comes down to workflow I think and a lot of people only use the software for photography or photo manipulation and it's probably fine.  Then there are people like probably the majority of this thread that are constantly cropping images, inspecting small images for use on websites etc where we are opening small images all the time it become the most annoying thing ever, and such an easy setting option is what kills me on this one.

Haha, good that it made you laugh in this agony. :D I guess you might be right though, when I'm using the application for photos - it's never an issue.

• 1 month later...