You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD: How to add a new artboard?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I can't figure out how to add a new artboard in AD.

I use the latest Mac AppStore version. I have a simple document with some shapes, texts, etc. I want them to stay them where they are (in the first artboad) and create a new artboard to continue working on the second page of the document.

Is this possible somehow? Thanks for answer ;)

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

In the official version (which is 1.4.2, I believe) the artboard tool is kind of hidden behind the move tool (the black arrow pointer). Click and hold that tool and you’ll see the artboard tool. In the latest beta version the artboard tool has gotten its own space in the toolbar, below the node tool (the smaller white arrow). In both versions, with the artboard tool selected, you can either drag a new artboard on the canvas then or you click the “add new artboard” button in the context toolbar (don’t know the correct name for that bar at the moment) at the top.

In addition to what VIPStephan said, in v1.4.2, you can use the View > "Customize tools..." menu item to add a never hidden Artboard tool to the Tools palette (& optionally replace the two-tool Move/Artboard tool icon with a Move only one). This will make it more like the default layout of the Tools palette in the 1.5 beta.

In either version you can customize the order of the tool icons in the palette, the number of columns they are arranged in, & which ones appear in it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thank you, guys. Works perfectly!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

• 1 year later...

When I use the Artboard Tool to create a new Artboard, I have to drag the board edges to create the board. The height and width are measured to the 10th's place in pixels.

Can I type the dimensions that I want, anywhere?

EDIT: I found it, under the Transform Panel.

Thank you