You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do you remove line from single side of a shape

• Staff

Hello!

If you have used a shape, first you need to convert it to curves (Layer menu item, Convert to Curves option) then go to the Node Tool (second from the top on the tools toolbar on the left) and click on one of the nodes. On the context toolbar choose the option to Break Curve at that node (because it is currently closed), now select the node again and press Delete and that should get you started :)

Thanks,

Matt

Hi

Thanks for responding. I have attached a screenshot of my work. I have managed to remove the stroke line on one side of the rectangle but I don't like how the stroke lines on adjacent sides extend too far out. (indicated by the red circle)

With the next shape (which I had created by using the subtract tool) I wanted to remove the top and bottom short vertical lines on the left. I succeeded with removing the top line but when I repeated the exercise of 'breaking the curve' with the lower nodes I lost the curve.

12b793ceac.png

• Staff

Regarding your first issue:

With the Move Tool select your object, click on the line width button on the context toolbar and change the Cap to Butt.

On the second issue:

What you have there is one open path that is filled with orange up to the end points. When you break the shape for the second time you are actually breaking the path in two different filled objects (the half circle and the rectangle - try to select the circle and move it - you will see it's independent now).

What i advise you to do is to create two shapes: one for the fill (the rectangle minus the circle in orange) and a copy of it with just a stroke applied. This way you can cut the stroke wherever you want without affecting the filled part.