You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exported AP TIFFs corrupted (black-greyed in preview)

ALL TIFFS WILL EXPORT CORRUPTED BLACK AND GREYED OUT..REOPEN CORECTLY IN AP OR PSCC YES 

RESTARTED AND REBOOTED YES

WHAT CAN BE DONE TO STABILIZE AP?

HARDWARE CONFIGURATIONS AND SCREENSHOT WITH BLACK PREVIEWS ATTACHED

All tiffs will export corrupted black and greyed out in preview ..reopen correctly in AP or PS CC yes 

Even past TIFFs on desktop are now black on mac viewer and unreadable by most software, including overdrive ( print driver) ... Oddly it opens in PS and back in AP....

Restarted and rebooted yes

What can be done ?

Link to hardware configurations  screenshot with black previews and corrupted files:

https://www.hightail.com/download/cUJWeFVYQzNEbUs1aWNUQw

• Staff

Please stick to your existing topics, without making new ones. I have moved your last post above to your existing thread here. Also try not to post in all caps please.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

ok patrick sorry not intending confuse anyone with new topics, anybody has an idea on what is going on with these tiffs files? is this a serif issue or an apple image viewer issue?? have opened my files??? 

Thank you so much Lau, I too was guessing on a an OS failure because the black files always reopen properly in PS or AP...until the next OS update that should be coming up soon  I guess I will send some files to PS that also ouputs properly. I  downloaded ACORN to test their output today....surprising app for 30 usd ..... I am also now relying more and more on Capture one and can output from there.

Just to throw in my experience: Updated to OS X 10.11.6 and I previewed about 30 or so TIFF files. They are exported as TIFFs or Sketchbook TIFFS (with proprietary Layers). Had no problems viewing them. However, none were exported or saved as from Photoshop files, they were created in either Comic Life, Manga Studio/Clip Studio Paint, Sketchbook, Painter or AP/AD. No Adobe products were used in the creation of those TIFFs.

I wonder if it's some kind of error in Masking? None of the images I made had Masks of any kind as part of the export. I opened a few in the MAS version of AP and it opened fine. This issue isn't (ahem) Black and White -- since I'm not having issues, I feel that it may not be an OS issue. Just sayin'.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

Lau,

I have been doing some testing with Affinity Photo, exporting various sized image files as 16 bit TIFFs. From what I can tell, up to some size (file or image dimensions I'm not sure) Preview, Finder, QuickLook, all display them correctly. However above some size they display as either pure black, pure white, or black with horizontal noise bars.

For example, I have a 56.2 MB, 4992 px × 4104 px tiff which displays all black, but if I resize it in AP to 3000 × 2466 & export it, I get a 18.2 MB 16 bit TIFF that displays normally.

So while I am just guessing, I think this is a buffering issue or something similar in OS X 10.11.6 -- 16 bit TIFFs that don't overflow the buffer are fine; those that do are not.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7