You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I save as TIF, lanczos 3 (non separable), the resulting file is blank, or black, or filled with static. This is the file compression recommended in your tutorials (excellent, btw). Other filetypes, jpg, png are viewable with that compression algorithm.

The resulting file is the same size as that calculated in the export pane. No Mac app I have can open, including graphic converter.

Is this issue repeatable by members of this forum, or is it some anomaly related to my system?

As part of my workflow, I export lettered comic pages from AD as a TIFF file to import into Clip Studio Paint. Use the default settings. Have had no problems.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• Staff

Your document isn't CMYK by any chance is it?

You can test if the TIFF is valid by simply opening that TIFF back into Affinity - if it opens then it's valid :)

If you want to be completely sure, send one of the TIFFs you've made over to us at support@seriflabs.com and we'll take a look and see if there's anything strange about it.

Thanks,

Matt

hey matt,

Thanks for your responses, all. TIF file does open in affinity photo - but that's all. I have to be able to access these files with any/most mac graphics program. This file is RGB 16 BIT.

I'll send support a drop box link to one of the files in question. I'd like to get their feedback.

In the interim I've tried a number of variations: every single attempt works but the one I want. I can change the size and export and file is viewable. I can take a selection and paste it into a new doc and TIF export works.

FWIW, on another forum, a commenter noted that TIF works best without compression. TIF is a venerable image archiving format; compressing can balloon file size to no good effect, said the commenter.  BTW, the commenter wrote a book on filetypes - he's a reliable source.

AP does not offer a no compression/resampling option...? So this becomes a feature request/bug fix  - no resampling option.