You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I create a dashed curve and increase the line width, the dashes start increasing too.

If this is the intended behaviour, is there a way to turn it off? I would like to have control over the dash length apart from the width.

post-4097-0-83810900-1469000372_thumb.png

Hi Markio, you can change the dash pattern using the "Dash:" boxes in the bottom of the Stroke panel.

Ofcourse, I know that. But when I set the dash to 7 pt and the gap to 5 pt, I expect these settings to remain that way, independent from the line width. (the Illustrator, CorelDraw etc way)

Too me this is a bug, I would expect the dash-scaling when ticking scale with object in the stroke panel. But as the screenshot shows this setting is unchecked.

Ofcourse, I know that. But when I set the dash to 7 pt and the gap to 5 pt, I expect these settings to remain that way, independent from the line width. (the Illustrator, CorelDraw etc way)

Too me this is a bug, I would expect the dash-scaling when ticking scale with object in the stroke panel. But as the screenshot shows this setting is unchecked.

It is not a bug. Just read the Affinity Help. You cannot set a unit here because those values are relative values.

Nevermind, I have already deïnstalled it.

Relating the dashes and gaps to the line width works counterintuitive to me. I use Vectordrawing for more technical illustrations (architecture), so I need precise control over the strokes, and I truly need closed corners when using dashes, described in this request. I need some sort of livepaint tool. None of these things are on the roadmap, so it's a no-go for me. (arrowstyles are being worked on)

On both my machines I still get the issue described in this topic, you can't imagine how annoying this issue is.

So I will give AD a try in the future when AD is more mature, but it became clear that I'm not the target group.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.