You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Alternative place to buy Mac Affinity apps than the Mac App Store?

Hi,

While trying to buy Designer and Photo, my debit card has been declined by App Store and I am unable to fix the problem. It seems I am not alone with the iTunes Store's 'Payment Method Declined' problem. I have tried every advice that can be found through Google.

Is there any other way to purchase Designer and Photo for Mac other than the Mac App Store?

Designer, Photo, Publisher   |   MacBook Pro, 16" 2020, macOS 11   |   @mrAbsarAhmed

• Staff

Hi mrAbsarAhmed,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, currently we only sell them trough the Mac App Store. Have you tried to use a Paypal account to purchase there? This option is available in some countries.

Alternatively you can also use/buy an iTunes Store Gift Card in retail shops or online to buy items/apps on the Mac App Store. Check this link for more info on how to redeem gift cards/codes.

Already tried all these options.

There is no Apple store in Pakistan. Which means, Gift Cards available here only come from where Apple stores are located and only useable with a valid billing/shipping address from the respective countries.

Unfortunately PayPal is not available in Pakistan either.

Apple support website only helps so much and there is no one to tell me why my card does not work despite the verification hold and confirmation of my bank.

Thanks for your response Anyway!  :)

Designer, Photo, Publisher   |   MacBook Pro, 16" 2020, macOS 11   |   @mrAbsarAhmed

• Staff

Hi coastman,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No. The application must be updated trough the Mac App Store. What issues are you having when trying to update it? I'm assuming you have the application installed. The update should appear automatically in the Updates section of the Mac App Store.

You can always drag the application from the Applications folder to the Trash and empty it, then re-install the application again from the Purchased section of the Mac App Store. The latest version will be installed but you shouldn't have to do this. Can you give us more details on what's going on?

@mrAbsarAhmed,

I'm afraid there isn't much we can do from here either. It's Apple who manage/process/validate all app store transactions/cards. Only Apple support can help you solve this.

No worries!

I'll solve it one way or the other.

There is still plenty you can do to make me happy: e.g. The launch of Publisher beta by the end of this year as expected.

Looking forward to a complete salvation from Adobe.  :)

Thanks again!

Hans, du kannst alternativ iTunes-Wertkarten kaufen und im AppStore benutzen.

---

Hans, you can use iTunes value cards for shopping in the AppStore.

Mac mini M1 / Ryzen 5600H & RTX3050 mobile / iPad Pro 1st - all with latest non beta release of Affinity