Sign in to follow this  
Ken Cope

Bug? - Gradient tool not updating the object

I've tried using the Fill tool that is on the context toolbar. Selecting the Gradient tab in the pop up dialogue window I've tried to edit the gradient using the eye dropper tool and its small round colour swatch next to it. Instead of updating the node point on the gradient it produces a solid fill instead unlike the larger rectangular Colour swatch. I was expecting the small round swatch next to the eye dropper tool to update the gradient's nodes in the same way the larger rectangular swatch does. See screenshots.

post-28493-0-72363400-1468965425_thumb.png post-28493-0-05645000-1468965448_thumb.png

Windows 10 64bit ¤ AMD A10-6700 APU ¤ AMD Radeon HD8670D + R7 240 2GB Dual Graphics ¤ 16GB DDR3 Ram

Hi. The Fill from the Tool Bar really isn't working properly, I mentioned it on the 1.5.0.6 beta but it wasn't acknowledge by Serif.

The swatch tab always reverts to grey.

If you try and change colours with RGB sliders it uses greys - If you use the HSL colour wheel it applies colours.

On Gradients using RGB sliders the first colour always uses greys.

If you change the colours on the gradient with say the HSL colour wheel and then go back to the RGB sliders to change the first colour on a gradient the whole shape becomes one colour again even though the second gradient fill colour is still showing as different.

Hi adi,

Yes, the swatches should really remember the last used palette and not keep reverting to greys.

Windows 10 64bit ¤ AMD A10-6700 APU ¤ AMD Radeon HD8670D + R7 240 2GB Dual Graphics ¤ 16GB DDR3 Ram

Is this a known issue?

Hi Chris,

Thanks, it's not a major problem because there are a number of other ways that do work. Hopefully the fix will come eventually.