You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.5 - Beta 5)

• Staff

So it does look like the crash is definitely font-related (for me, anyway)—I disabled all of my active fonts (about 800, since I don't know exactly what was going off), and Beta 5 opened up just fine again. I reactivated all of the fonts from my last doc without problems, so I'll have to keep an eye out to tell what exactly was causing the issue. :)

Awesome, thank you for the confirmation - it looks like there's quite a few people suffering the same problem so we'll try our best to find it and fix it soon. If you happen to spot which font is causing you problems then please do let us know as it might speed up our bug-finding process! :)

Matt

Hi wiredfractal,

Your crash report is also suggesting there's a problem with font enumeration (notice a theme going on here? *sigh*)

Thanks - we'll try to get something released to fix this as soon as we can :)

Matt

Okay Matt, I'll try and see which font is causing it.

Hey Matt, I've also had font crashing issues with AD Beta 4. I believe I emailed u guys the offending fonts...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• Staff

Hi Ronny,

Sorry - I'm obviously just delegating different jobs to different people whenever I see them, and sometimes I might not realise that something is the same problem unless it's my area... :(  I searched the support email for any fonts you've mailed and I can't find any... would you mind just sending me the offenders directly? I think you have my direct email :)

Thanks again! :)

Matt

Hi Guys,

Found an issue with duplicating artboards. The slice name appears to be correct but the export name isn't correct (see attached). To correct it I just need to click in the name field of the slice - as if to edit it - and hit return.

So it seams the export name isn't been updated (along with the slice name) when the artboard name is changed after duplicating. If you can follow that rambling explanation? 

Cheers.

post-6493-0-39715100-1469104640_thumb.png

• Staff

I am getting a pretty consistant crash whenever I unplug my second display from my macbook.   

Applications would typically move from my monitor to the macbook.  AD crashes.

Hi n0rmand0,

I think I've just fixed your crash - but it's not in the new beta build (build 6 that has just gone live). It'll hopefully be in build 7. Sorry about that...

Thanks,

Matt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.