You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.5 sneak peek: HDR and 360 image editing

KateM

All 'point' upgrades (1.x) are free. You only have to pay again if you want version 2 when it becomes available.

Do you know any details about this? Will there be an upgrade price for 1.x users or we have to pay the full amount again? But first I'm looking forward to 1.5! : )

Do you know any details about this? Will there be an upgrade price for 1.x users or we have to pay the full amount again? But first I'm looking forward to 1.5! : )

I believe you will have to pay full price, as of right now the apps are sold exclusively on the MAS which does not allow upgrade pricing. 

Apple does not allow upgrade pricing on the istore as far as i know (Bunch of other developers have hit this point) so when 2 is released it will be an entirely new purchase

I believe you will have to pay full price, as of right now the apps are sold exclusively on the MAS which does not allow upgrade pricing. 

Apple does not allow upgrade pricing on the istore as far as i know (Bunch of other developers have hit this point) so when 2 is released it will be an entirely new purchase

Thanks!

Ok, something like what I thought. Became not necessarily a problem if the price remains low. This is a great software!

• 1 month later...

Slightly off topic - but relating to the post I made at the top of the page.

I keep getting a like for post #21, but everytime I click on that link, I find once again that member - and they are all different - no longer exists.

Are we getting spam within the forum?

Slightly off topic - but relating to the post I made at the top of the page.

I keep getting a like for post #21, but everytime I click on that link, I find once again that member - and they are all different - no longer exists.

Are we getting spam within the forum?

Almost certainly! I've had a similar experience with one of my posts, but it never occurred to me to try to view the profiles of the users in question. Two or three of them were very like your fapedMum and iapedMum.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Asvolas,

Welcome toAffinity Forums :)

It should be out in a couple months (maybe sooner if everything goes well).

There's still a few features to implement.

Thanks for the reply :)

Are there any other features in the update apart from the HDR and 360 photo editing?  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I work on an iMac 27" and still use OSX 10.7.5 for compatibility reasons with lots of software that I use daily.

Yesterday I dowloaded Affinity Photo 1.4.3 and was glad to notice that it works under my OSX. I had hoped to be able to open RAW files from my brand new Canon Eos 5D Mk4 but it did not seem to be supported yet.

I have just dowloaded Affinity Photo 1.5 beta for the same reason.

It starts up just fine and I was able to import a jpeg image, make some adjustments and export the result. But when I tried to import a Raw file from my older Canon Eos 5D Mk2 (that works fine in AP1.4.3I) it had the program crash.

The program icon has the white circle with a diagonal bar over it which would suggest that it is not compatible with my version of OSX but I could not find this compatibility information anywhere.

So, I have 2 questions:

* What OSX will be required for AP 1.5?

* When will it support opening and working with RAW-files from the Eos 5DMk4 and will you add this compatibility to AP 1.4.3 as well?

Thank you

/*PeterR

Check out the sneak peek of the HDR and 360 image editing features coming to Affinity Photo 1.5!

Version 1.5 features announced today include:

• Advanced HDR merge producing full 32-bit linear colour space images
• An entirely new workspace for tone mapping
• Focus stacking to bring depth to multiple combined images
• Batch processing for smoother, faster workflow
• Macros to record and replay a set of commands
• An all-new way to edit 360 degree images

Some much anticipated features to look forward too here, coming soon to Affinity Photo...  :)

I had purchased Affinity version 1.4.3 Mac version updated in September 2016. Will I have to buy the latest version or will it be upgraded for free? If one has to pay for upgrade what will be the prices? If the upgrade is free how to update with latest version?

Looking at the new version window there is not option for upgrade it is just showing buying option for the same price I bought 1.4x version.