KateM

Affinity Photo 1.5 sneak peek: HDR and 360 image editing

For sure linked layers or a proper color selector would have been much more exiting for many people than a panorama view editing thing for some edge use cases (which does not look smooth in the demo anyway)   :D

Mine was a joke, due to the "Ash - Ashtray" wordplay which I found funny...

Wasn't my intention to hurt anybody's sensibility...  :mellow:

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Yes! Been using photo to edit my Theta S shots for the past few months, this built-in projection editing soloutuon putts you guys ahead of the curve, very wonderful. Get it out quickly :P

@thomGillespie - the 1.5 update is not in beta yet, this was just a sneak peak at some of the upcoming features. We expect the 1.5 beta for Affinity Photo on Mac to begin in around 3-4 weeks and we will release it on the app store when we feel it is ready.

@Paolo -  :D

@MBb & @livetheshot - Might be best waiting for the beta to look at the features in detail and to see the specifics for yourself as the devs are still working on the 1.5 update...

Is it possible to combine HDR and pano/tile stitching? That is, source files would have both exposure bracketing and tiled shots. I guess that would take some smart algorithm but would open some very interesting work flow possibilities. Autopano by kolor seems to be able to handle this.

If I purchase Affinity Photo 1.4 today, will get get the upgrade to 1.5 for free???

All 'point' upgrades (1.x) are free. You only have to pay again if you want version 2 when it becomes available.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.11.85 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

All 'point' upgrades (1.x) are free. You only have to pay again if you want version 2 when it becomes available.

Good to know.  One reason I ditched Adobe PS/PSE was due to updating my Mac iOS, PSE12 became unusable.  Adobe basically said tough, and I would have to buy PSE14.  Only had PSE12 <4 months :blink: !!!

I've only recently started using HDR techniques with my Canon 7D, so I'm looking forward to seeing what the new Affinity HDR persona can do!

Keep up the good work.

So quick question, will the 360 picture feature allow us to straighten out iphone panoramas? you see a lot of the same bending in the photo when you use the stock iphone pano mode so it would be really cool to be able to view and edit it like the 360 photo. Thanks! 

So quick question, will the 360 picture feature allow us to straighten out iphone panoramas? you see a lot of the same bending in the photo when you use the stock iphone pano mode so it would be really cool to be able to view and edit it like the 360 photo. Thanks! 

Bump, anyone on the dev team wanna answer this for me?